Therion 166 Discharge Problem

Smii

Hi im new to the forum and also totally new to the DNA World. My english is not the best but i hope you understand me. I got my Therion 166 now for a week and my problem is every time my battery drains to 15 - 20% the box displays the message Check Battery. I vape at 75 Watts with 0.18 Ohms and use 2 x Sony VTC5. I ask in another thread for the battery curve an the member giz_60 posted it(Thanks again @giz_60). I set the Wh to 17.45 and the soft cell cutoff to 2.8. I think thats right...? Is it normal that the box says at 15% Check Battery? My other "Non-DNA" Boxes drain the batteries to 5% - 0%. I hope you can help me with my problem.

The Pack Voltage is 8.4 Volt if the cells are fully charged. I "played" in the morning with the Device Monitor and noticed that. If the cells are empty i charge them in a external charger. Both empty cells got 3.33 volts then. That looks right for me. At the moment my batteries are all charged. If the drop to 15% and the message is shown i make a screenshot from the Device Monitor.

Edit:

So i capture a screenshot from the Device Monitor while i get this message.

image0001.jpg 

My Pack Voltage at 16% is 6.65 Volts. The Cells drop from 3.33 Volts to 2.86 Volts and then i get the message Check Battery.

If the Cells are fully charged, the time i can vape is not shorter than before. I got 2 sets of the Sony VTC5, they are 4 months old and work the last time in a Smok Alien. In this Mod i got no Problems with the Cells, but maybe they are too old now or damaged.

I dont know whether the Volt drop is normal, maybe somebody see in the screenshot a answer for my problem.

...and sorry for my bad english :P:D:P

@Smil Your batteries show they're hitting your soft cell cutoff under load. Follow @giz_60 suggestion. 

When you say this "... My other "Non-DNA" Boxes drain the batteries to 5% - 0%" what is the voltage remaining in them? 

"I dont know whether the Volt drop is normal" This is different for every mod depending on its ability to pass current from battery to atty. Quality of battery, wires, connections etc. all play a role.

If your concern is really that "15% value" run your own battery analyzer

First thanks for the reply. @giz_60[redface]k, i will do my own battery analyze on the weekend. A friend give me a fresh pair LG HG2's for trying. Maybe it works better with them. @Wayneo:I got the Therion 166 now for 1 and a half week, if the cells are empty i got 3.30 - 3.35 volts. I use my VTC5 Sets before in a Smok Alien. The cells got the same voltage if they are empty 3.30 - 3.35 volts. I charge in a XStar VP4 with digital Voltmeter. Its the same remaining voltage in the Therion and the Alien. This 15% value its not the "End of the World", but i like to understand everything. Its only a bit irritating, if you look at your screen. I will post after the weekend my results. Again, thanks for your reply

• 2 weeks later...

So a little bit later than promised, but here are my test results: I tryed first the LG HG2's and they work really better than the VTC5's. No Check Battery at 15%. I bought now 4 Sony Konion VTC5A's (really fresh...produced Jan 2017^^) and yesterday u started my own battery anlyzer. Now i got my own curve and Wh result. My Curve looks different than the curve from giz_60 (...of course this are VTC5A's..., not VTC5's) and my Wh are set to 16.22. But it drops the voltage at the end not so deep like the other curve. The Check Battery Message starts at 4%, i vape at the moment a single alien 0.16 ohms @90 watts in Power Mode and finally the problems are all gone. I am definitely happy with it. If someone like to get my curve i post it of course.

• 11 months later...