Idiot modder did not put an USB port!!!

So guys, I have a mod from Lee Ash in England, he put a DNA 75 chip in it, but no USB port. Can the USB port on the chip be directed downward instead of to the side? I don't want to drill the wood.
Here are a couple of pics of the mod so you get a better idea, the tube that has the window has a scre cap on the bottom that I could use to connect the chip.  IMG_0063.jpg  IMG_0064.jpg

I guess someone with the talent and equipment could carefully remove the usb and reposition it and make the necessary customized extended connections without damaging the board but it wouldn't be something I would want to do...really tiny solder points for the data runs.... and, by the way, where are the up/down buttons and display on this mod... pictures please...

Yeah well, he had the mod for six months (I had returned it because the previous chip did not work), kept telling me he was waiting for the chip, and when finally I got mad and posted on his FB page, this is what he sent back.....he also has another mod from me, returned because the firing button did not work after two weeks, and since he is now upset because I outed him, he threatens to keep my money and the mod. Yes, they are good looking mods, but poorly made.