My Therion DNA166 is having a software issure as far as i can see.

Hey. I bought a DNA166 mod from our local vape shop in Maldives. I have been using it for a week and a half and recently i updated it through escribe. (i know that was a noob move) and even after updating i used it for about 3 days until recently i finished charging it up and when i removed the cable, the display went blank. so i pressed the fire button but even then it just temporarily shows the lost vape logo and disapears. so i held down the fire button which made it go through to the wattage control screen and everything but a check battery error shows up and shows me that my batteries have no charge. and the minute i let go of the fire button it just goes blank again. So i thought resetting it through escribe would work but it did not. hoping you could help me somehow maybe by sending me a stock service pack for it. Thank You.

For some reason, the board is not seeing the #1 cell...could be a board issue, connection between the batteries & board...being you bought it from a local vendor, and it fairly new, your best bet would be to take it to them because it is still in warranty...it doesn't appear to be a software issue because I have the same device running the same software version. Here is the factory .ecig file it you want to give it a try...ecig Therion_166.ecig     

Edit:   Much better screenshot...:D

Thanks a bunch man. well i did show it to the vendor and they said its cause i updated and its a software brick. but im guessing thats not the problem. Thanks again. i wil try the ecig file once more before going to the vendor.

• 2 months later...

This happened to me a few days ago too.  I updated via ESCRIBE and it looked fine but after I disconnected my device, the screen shut off.  I was like OMFG.  However, I went on Lost Vapes website (http://lostvape.com/therion-166/) and at the bottom of the page there is a Firmeare Update (I know spellcheck but thats how it is on the website).  When you open the file, there is a Therion166.ecig file.  I used that and loaded it to my device and everything was back to normal.  It was weird but it worked for me.