vaporshark dna 75 not hitting 75watts and dropping watts with battery level

mxadam

Hi all

I just bought a dna 75 vaporshark switchbox a few days ago. When the battery is fully charged to 4.4v It will only fire upto 68 watts. As the battery level drops the watts drop like a mech mod. eg 2/3 battery 45-50 watts, 1/2 battery 40-45 watts, 1/3 battery around 30 watts

Is this a bad chip, should I send it back? my hcigar dna 200 vapes at whatever watts until battery is dead, shouldn't this act the same?

Thanks

See the Output Power Section in this pdf (page 4).... max output depends on coil ohm's resistance being used...

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75.pdf

Your device should not be charging to 4.4 volts..... should be about 4.2 volts.  Send it back to Vaporshark....they have proprietary 2 amp charger.

sorry my bad i ment 4.2, I thought a fully charged battery was 4.4 . I use a battery charger and not the mod itself. Also I have tried 0.2 ohm coils upto 0.7 ohm coils and the same happens, its easier to use with 0.7 as using only 35 watts it doesnt drop under that until about 1/3 battery. But if using a 1.8 ohm dripper at 70 watts you cant get 70 watts even if full and it just drops and drops as the battery depletes.

the question is mainly, if I set it at 70 watts, should it fire at 70 watts till the battery dies, like my dna 200? or will the watts drop as the battery charge drops like a mech mod.

Surely if I want 70 watts, I set it to 70 watts then use it at that till the battery dies, currently the hit just gets weaker and weaker until I then pop a new battery in. 

If it will drop as the battery drops then im sending it back as its not fit for use without running it at like 30 watts or under. Wont even fire 70 watts, full charge with 0.18ohm coil.

What coil build are you using and wire type?  

Dna75 is a boost circuit and the DNA 200 is a buck....they work different and you are wanting to use the 75 at full throttle thus as the battery voltage decreases and being asked to provide for 70 watts then output will decrease and you also have battery sag to various degree based on several factors effecting the results also....

Maybe the 75 is not for you.  I use a Switchbox also but nowhere near 75 watts.....

Post a screenshot of Device Monitor(while firing) your device at 70 watts.....

DITCH THOSE EFEST'S!!!!  they're only 10 amp cells!  not a good cell for the DNA 75 board. the board can draw up to 30 amps, which those efests you mention can not provide. buy authentic cells, for ex, LG SONY SAMSUNG are manufacturer authentic cells.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/efest-purple-20a-3500mah-18650-bench-test-results-just-another-rewrapped-10a-battery.736533/

i use Sony VTC5A, Samsung 30Q and LG HG2 cells in my DNA 75 devices.
[image]