usb not charging lavabox dna 200 mod

Chelo

hi all,

i have lavabox dna 200 with lipo 900 3 cell and when i put on usb, screen ligh reacts but not charging. ]when monitoring with escribe usb a is 0.008-0.009. laso it takes to long to charge battery.

evolv.png   i tried to restore to manufacturers settings, also tried usb recovery but non of them helped.

since the DNA 200/250 only does balance discharging, you may have to just vape the mod down to the "weak" or "imbalanced battery" message then put back on USB charge.  the lipo could be on it's way out or you have some ejuice near the balance resistors/USB area. i'm not sure how well the "USB recovery" will work with cell voltages above 2v.....

the thought is, drain the cells as much as possible then let balancing circuit try and do it's thing with plenty of head room before reaching the 4.2v cutoff point. 

U say..imust discharge battery as max as it posible while eror massage dont appear and then charge?? What concerns another issue.. When i dont use mod for a long time and it goes asleep.. It is not turning on while i put on usb.. What may be problem.and what is the option yo.deal with it..

none that i know of, sorry. it's an actual component on the board that is causing the problem.

here's what to do........ at the bottom of my signature there is a link to the Evolv help desk. open a help ticket, explain your situation about the board not powering up unless USB is inserted and they may take in the entire mod for repair. then again, they may just want the board only. i would also contact Volcano customer service and see if there is anything they can do for you. 

i tried as u said. error massage imbalanaced battery came out, but v of cels were above 3, i charged but 1 cell stayed 3.84, while 2-3 were 4.2. and battery charge percentage was only 35 and stoped charging.

i tried to empty battery and here is what i got.

Capture.png

the early board that doesn't wake up, no. the board that isn't charging your lipo correctly, yes. you would need to open the mod and inspect the board carefully for any ejuice or missing components. if no ejuice on board, all components are in place, then you know you need to buy a new fullymax 900 mah lipo.  or.... if you have 2 lavabox's (or the same lipo), you can switch the bad lipo with the good one and see if that fixes the issue. either way you're opening up the mod(s).

thank u.

and few more questions.

1. how can i update firmware for board and where i can found latest one?
2. how can i update software for escribe and where i can found latest one?
3. one of my mods (that one that is not waking up without usb) also drains battery imbalanced and makes them not working.. what may be issue?