DNA200 build

I built a dual 18650 Dna 200, changed the battery configuration to 2cell in describe. When I put batteries in, the mod will only power on while holding the fire button, release, it shuts off.. My balance charging wires are all correct and I'm starting to get very discouraged :/ Any Jello would be great please thank you -Derek

make sure your sled contacts are making connection to the ends of the cells. use a DMM. did you press "upload to device" after you selected "2 cell"?  your mod is still running in 3 cell operation. the third cell field will disappear when in 2 cell mode (on SP5 and up firmware). you should upgrade to to the newest firmware as well SP5a link is in my signature.

if you know for a fact the board is receiving the necessary voltage through the balance tap wires and main -/+ and you're in 2 cell mode, i would open a help ticket with evolv and ask for a replacement. the board has a 1 year warranty. can you post one more screenshot of device monitor with batteries installed? with the new firmware (SP5a).

post a screenshot WITH batteries installed. there will always be nonsense voltage readings on any of the cells with no batteries and just the usb powering the board. all of the DNA 200/250 boards do this. this normal behavior. what isn't normal is wrong cell readings when fully charged/balanced cells are installed.

ChunkyButt200 said:

you double checked the voltages at the balance taps on the board and the main -/+ at the board? (with fully charged cells - 4.20v) you should get 8.4v at the main -/+     4.2v between GND and cell 1 at the tap and 8.4v between GND and 2+3 at the tap.  

I would LOVE to but I do not have a voltmeter. :(

don't know anyone that has one that you could borrow for 10 min? it's always best to double check your connections and soldering joints with a DMM when experiencing problems like this one. you could still RMA the board but what's to say the same problem you're having with this board won't happen again with the replacement? chances are small the board left evolv in a non functioning condition, it can happen but QC is pretty tight over there.

you got it right when you said volt meter, otherwise known as a digital multi meter. RMA means return merchandise authorization. just means your sending back the product to the vendor/manufacturer. 

what i'm getting at is you should rule out your soldering and wiring being the cause before sending back the board. how do you know for sure you're getting the correct voltage to board? you can't really unless you can verify that with some sort of voltage measuring equipment like a DMM (voltmeter).