Lost vape therion 166 charging issue

tdelandero

Hello I have a lost vape therion 166 Everything was working perfect since I buy it around 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I notice that my therion was not charging the batteries any more, I replace the batteries and when I connect it to the power the Watts are 1.00 W and 0.19A Please help me.

On one picture, Cell 1 is .01v & on the other, 2.4v...looks like you have a battery connection issue...have you checked the battery compartment to make sure no juice has leaked in....you might try cleaning the battery contacts with some iso alcohol...

If it's working normally now, then it should be fine...if there was a problem with device, then after installing fully charged batteries, the problem would still exist. If those are some older batteries & you start having problems again, then the batteries may be getting weak & you might want to consider purchasing some new ones...Glad to hear it's working now...:thumb:

tdelandero said:

Thanks a lot !!! So you recommend me to charge the batteries with the external charger than connected directly to the power source?

Shouldn't matter, but you should always use the batteries as a married set....charge together...discharge together...

tdelandero said:

This is the charger and the batteries I'm using

The charger should be fine, but would recommend batteries that are on Mooch's list....and make sure you get them from a reputable source..lots of fakes out there

Mooch Recommended Cells.png

Yup...looks good...like I said, if the problems come back, it's probably because of the batteries...the ones you have are probably what are referred to a re-wraps...a battery that has been wrapped with a different cover...no telling what is underneath...o.O

Fakes would be ones that someone has re-wrapped a cheaper battery, but is selling as a name brand...they may work ok, but the ones on Mooch's list have been tested & those are the ones that are recommended for our purposes...I personally use LG HG2, VTC5, VTC5a, VTC6, 30q....If you find them really, really cheap...then they are probably fake..buy from a reputable supplier! A couple of extra dollars will go a long way!!!

Have same problem with charging. Therion 166.
No charge logo on display, but it shows all other parameters (%, temp, current Amps)
A = 0,01
Tried with lots of power adapters, cables, and different batteries(sony vtc6, samsung 25r, lg he4)
Any thoughts ?
IMG_8617.jpg  IMG_8620.jpg

tdelandero said:

For last, when I connect the vape directly to the power source using a Samsung galaxy 2A charger this it looks. Does it look normal?

No, I get > 1.9 A from Samsung 2 A charger, could be the Wh set too low, the device limits charge to 1 C rate, also to 1 A when data is connected like a PC USB 3 port, but setting the charging current in DM to low as others have said seems most likely cause.

For the guy wit 0.1 A charge have you disable charging in DMA accidentally?
enable charging.png 

VapingBad said:

For the guy wit 0.1 A charge have you disable charging in DMA accidentally?
enable charging.png 

Nope, cause it happens during night charging with wall plug.
Also, i don't have this option in my Escribe (v1.2 SP5.2)
______ ______ 2017-04-24 _ 2.03.46.png 
How to enable these options for USB charge ?