DNA250 newbie question about coils

I won the Oni 167 DNA 250 in a contest. I've never used a DNA before & I've only been vaping for 3 1/2 months using Smok products. I was told I could use Smok coils as long as I used it in Power mode & not Temperature mode. But isn't the temp protection mode one of the better aspects of this mod? My question is, do I need a new tank & new coils to use temp mode? If so, please give me some reccomendations. Thanks so much

Welcome to the Forum...:hug:...Smok atty's are known to create issues in Temp mode due to the floating pin in the base...they work great in Power mode...and the coils, no matter what the atty, have to be built of wire that can be used in Temp mode....SS, TI1, Ni200 are the most common...lots of info about Temp control on the web...:thumb:

I use wattage mode on my Alien so I guess it isn't really necessary for me to switch to temp mode. I did get some reccomendations on using a Uwell Crown 2 atty if I decided to change. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm a lil anxious over this whole DNA thing lol seems like the customization is a big thing and I'm ignorant about alot since I'm still new to this.

It is a lot different, take your time, do plenty of reasearch...there are a lot of great atomizers out  there...get to know the device in power mode & then once you get comfortable with it, start experimenting with TC. The main thing is, when going to TC, don't get discouraged...There is a lot of great info here on the Forum & other resources...Here is a link to an interactive training guide by Evolv that may help you in learning the DNA &  the Escribe software....Escribe Interactive Training Course

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all 
i have just signed up to the forum.Yes i am newbie :)
? am vaping since 7 month with my little istick pico 75w and mostly used on wattage mod .

after a couple of month,saw that i have been using 2 battery for whole day(istick pico) and i have decided to get the new compatible mod for future i.e.LOST VAPE THERION DNA 166/167 .

my question is ; i see all modes on the screen except power/wattage mod .
and may i use aspire replacement(with aspire cleito atty)coils on it ? of course if i find the power/wattage mod :))

thanks for your replies .

This is assuming you haven't changed any of the factory profile settings...hold the up & down button together for a couple of seconds...press either up or down button twice & then with either the up or down button, you can scroll through the different profiles that are are on the device. When you see 'Power Ctrl', that is the Power/Wattage profile, press the Fire button to set it. Then hold the up & down button together for a couple of seconds & you will be able to adjust your wattage up & down...Hope this is what you are looking for...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No, all Evolv boards are variable wattage and these have no actual value when not firing, some less advanced boards that only measure the resistance and work out what voltage will show them, but that is just variable voltage with a calculator in front.

• Like 1