Battery analyzer test watts

I've seen comments that the watts you run battery analyzer at does not affect the outcome... For the most part I agree if you are testing 3S LiPo packs. The analyzer will still keep counting Wh even if the batteries can't reach the watt set point. This affects LiPo packs slightly (

this is pretty much how i handled dialing in my 133's and 167's. i'd put the the calculated Wh value in then vape down to weak battery and take note of the Wh remaining. this is with the preheat power maxed out. if i can't get the full power from the device, even for 1 second, i consider the cells dead (needs recharge). this is why 2 sony vtc5a cells only give me a little over 14.43 Wh's at max wattage of 133, calculated is 19.24. this Wh number would be higher if my preheat power was lower. so yes, i understand what you're saying. evolv's batt analyzer squeezes out every last drop of capacity. it doesn't take into account "OK, stop analyzer after test wattage can no longer be maintained."  evolv is open to suggestions, there is a thread here where you can do that.

You are right, the increased sag with cylindrical batteries will have a significant effect on the result.  But the main purpose of the test is to make a charge vs voltage curve for you batteries and you don't have to run them that low while vaping.  But because these devices throttle back when they hit the low cut off limit you would not be running them too low or damaging them.  The capacity figure is correct and I agree you are unlikely to use it all, but that is personal choice really and you can just lower the figure.