Question about internal resistance

SiStA

So, I recently purchased my first dna device, a Therion 166 that I expect from day to day in my mailbox. I would like to fine tune it as much as i can and finding out the internal resistance is essential if i get it right. From what i read in other forums Lost Vape doesnt have a preset value for the internal resistance of their mods so i have to figure it out myself. I've seen a few methods such as a dripper base with a copper piece to short it or a copper plug which seems the best but it would cost me more than 30 bucks to order it where i live which i find ridiculous for a piece of metal. So the first method is what i get i guess... But, even though im far from an expert in electronics i think that the added resistance of the driper base will make my measurements extremely inaccurate. Is that true? Also, any other methods? Does any of you who owns a Therion knows already the internal resistance? Thanks in advance.

Sexy mods with many devices not setup properly by Lost Vape, and numerous complaints of their SS curve. For your mod resistance a conservative value (lower) is better than higher.

The solid copper tool no longer works on 200 series boards

Here's a link for a quick and dirty method. https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post?id=7522239&trail=75

Read from post 72 onwards. OR, here's the short version.

Mod resistance calibration (giz method)

• A coil will work, but the Test is best run with about a 4in. - 6in. piece of tc wire across an RDA build decks posts. 
  • In Escribe (mod tab), set Mod Resistance to 0. 
  • In wire profile, Power = 1 Temp = 0 / Preheat temp = 1 preheat Punch = 1 Preheat Time Limit = 0. 
  • Upload To Device...attach deck with coil or wire to mod...pulse (quick) fire to get mod to check cold ohms (if new coil question asked, answer yes)...
  • Run Atomizer Analyzer ... allow wire to cool back to room temperature (extremely important) & subtract the Cold Ohms from the Raw Ohms... 

The difference will be the Mod Resistance..

Run your own 'thermal characteristics' - 3 hours Same tab (mod) as your battery info lower down. Watch this video.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65895-topic/?do=findComment&comment=892012

• DELETE the SS material file, and load the Steam-engine version