DNA 75 will not go to 'sleep' - Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helloimage said:

Interesting...well let me know if you need a hand getting it back in order.  It really doesn't affect performance of vaping, and the device is really slick.  My only concern with this issue is the increased trickle battery drain.  As I said, a fully charged 26650 will drain overnight if I have 'charging display brightness' set high.

And thanks for all that helped me.  Ayman (Vapedroid), sbody, and evolv all replied timely and were eager to help.

my friend solved this problem he cut out the LED indicator wiring. & the droid work just fine, it sleep/idle on time as setted time, but without LED. i am pretty happy since i dont really like a blinking & never charging the battery via USB. everything work fine & no more battery drain

helloimage said:

Sorry about that, I'll try to clarify.  Honestly, since I got it working I've been too scared to go back in to escribe with it, hahaha.

#3.  I actually mean 'physically' close the laptop screen. This begins sleep process on my laptop and shuts off peripheral power.

#4. Yes, see #3, the laptop is in standby, although I left the OS running and the escribe application window up.

#6. I assume it's in charge mode because the display layout changes to the charge mode settings. e.g. Tempurature-Sensing Coils -> 'Charging' -> show Ohms, Temperature, Battery Charge %.

whichever pull-down values I select for that mode show up after active->idle->timeout where is should have slept instead.

#9. That would be true, but again, my laptop is powered down.  There must be some data short the mod recognizes on the unpowered yet tethered cable.

Thanks!

Hi, I have the same issue with my vapedroid as well, I tried the procedure that you posted, it worked and went to sleep but when I removed the USB the charging screen went on again and if I plug the USB it will go to sleep again. My question is, with your mod did it worked as it should be after removing the USB? THANKS

Hi all

Just got the Vapedroid C1D2 DNA75 last week. I downloaded the Vapedroid config from their Facebook page and applied it.

My C1D2 then started to behave erratically, with the screen turning itself off and on at random and at other times never going off.

So yesterday I downloaded and installed the current recommended Escribe 2016-05-02, and then hard reset the C1D2 and saved the Escribe default config back to it, wiping all of the customisations. I then reset all of my materials profiles etc manually and did not go anywhere near the Vapedroid configs. I did manually set the mod/thermal/case properties as per the Vapedroid settings though.

The C1D2 immediately started to behave as a proper DNA75 (I have a couple of others so know what to expect) and it no longer behaves erratically. I can only conclude at this moment that there is something out of place in the Vapedroid config that causes the strange behaviour.

Hope that helps,

Olef said:

Hi all

Just got the Vapedroid C1D2 DNA75 last week. I downloaded the Vapedroid config from their Facebook page and applied it.

My C1D2 then started to behave erratically, with the screen turning itself off and on at random and at other times never going off.

So yesterday I downloaded and installed the current recommended Escribe 2016-05-02, and then hard reset the C1D2 and saved the Escribe default config back to it, wiping all of the customisations. I then reset all of my materials profiles etc manually and did not go anywhere near the Vapedroid configs. I did manually set the mod/thermal/case properties as per the Vapedroid settings though.

The C1D2 immediately started to behave as a proper DNA75 (I have a couple of others so know what to expect) and it no longer behaves erratically. I can only conclude at this moment that there is something out of place in the Vapedroid config that causes the strange behaviour.

Hope that helps,

Screenshot_2016-10-02-20-37-36-1.png

Hi Olef, I went through the same process as yours but I'm still experiencing problems with the mod not going to sleep mode. On the screen tab of escribe, is the brightness when charging on your mod set to "0" or a higher value? My problem is instead of the mod going to hibernate/sleep mode it goes to charging mode after firing, if I set the charging brightness to "0", yes the backlight will turn of after being idle but I know it is still in charging mode because if I leave it for a few hours and fire it, it does not show the welcome logo that you get when the device wakes up from sleep mode instead it goes directly to the main screen. Any thoughts? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed reply...

I guess mine is also still failing to go into standby. The screen goes off due to the settings as attached pic, but 7 times out of 10 when I come back to the mod after an hour or two it still come up with the fire screen, not the return from standby.

Interesting because I have three other DNA75's here, two of which I built myself with bare 75 boards and I have not observed this behaviour with them. It seems only the Vapedroid C1D2 does this, or I have not noticed it so far on the others.

Capture.jpg

• 1 month later...

Same issue as the OP has/had with the Vapedroid here. When I got mine, it was second-hand, set to factory settings and worked fine. Got the .cvf file from pbusardo's page to get that "droid" look. That's when it started. Going to read through, make adjustments and report.

R

helloimage said:

SOLVED!!!

Seemed to have been related to USB sync/signalling...

Process used to re-fresh screen change modes on a laptop PC:

1. After adjusting settings in escribe, upload settings to device
2. Press Disconnect button in escribe
3. With USB cable plugged in, close the screen (effectively sleeping the computer and ports)
4. Wait for the 'charge bolt' to go off
5. Disconnect USB from the mod (leave other end connected to laptop)
6. At this point, the mod acts as if it's in charge mode still (but no bolt)
7. Fire the mod once
8. Before it goes idle, PLUG the USB cable back into the device!
9. The charge screen goes away and all is good in the Evolv DNA75 world!

Thanks to those that helped...this was a weird one for sure.

Worked for me too. Thank you. 
But this is not the way it should be. Is there a way to reset a DNA75 board back to its bare and raw settings, to the settings before time and space?

Thanks.

R

Nope, tried the default settings - same. If the brightness of charging is set anywhere above 0%, it'll go there and show the battery %.

It won't turn the screen off even when you select "Turn off screen after firing".

Tried helloimage fix again - same results: it works for ~15minutes, then lights up to the charging screen.

Also, the red light stays lit after unplugging the cable until the Fire button is pressed, but that was before then too. If you unplug the cable while there is no atty on the mod, you can't turn that red light off with no buttons. Attach an atty, press fire, then it goes away.

Tested soft reset, hard reset, latest firmware, newest firmware again - nuffin.

Any ideas? Should I report it in the Bugs section?

Thanks,
R

• 2 weeks later...
Olef said:

Sorry for the delayed reply...

I guess mine is also still failing to go into standby. The screen goes off due to the settings as attached pic, but 7 times out of 10 when I come back to the mod after an hour or two it still come up with the fire screen, not the return from standby.

Interesting because I have three other DNA75's here, two of which I built myself with bare 75 boards and I have not observed this behaviour with them. It seems only the Vapedroid C1D2 does this, or I have not noticed it so far on the others.

Capture.jpg

Same problem for me, except it happens 100% of the time. My C1D2 never go into "deep sleep" mode.
When I get my device back in the morning, I never get the boot screen, always fire screen. And so it drains slowly my battery over the night.

Tried to restore default settings but it didn't fix the problem. Any idea?

Thank you