I just noticed that the ohms in my mod change when firing, but I don't know if this is normal or not. Because I think the changes are strange (?)

1) In the first picture I locked the ohms at 0.185 Ohm because I usually use that, but when firing it changed to 0.196 Ohm. Is that normal?

2) Then in the second image, I tried using the "Measure Ohm" feature and the result was 0.245 Ohm. After that I tried firing again and the result changed to 0.196 Ohm when firing. Is that normal?

I use Watts mode

Please somebody help me

Device Monitor - Evolv DNA 250 Color - HCMP DTTJ OFZY 02_02_2024 22_09_27.png

Device Monitor - Evolv DNA 250 Color - HCMP DTTJ OFZY 02_02_2024 22_12_29.png

5 hours ago, Wayneo said:

What kind of material (wire) are you using?
What atty?
Why would you 'lock the ohms'?

I used the Baby Alien prebuild coil

My Atty is Reload X

I'm just curious, if I lock it whether the ohms will change or not

Thank you for the earlier screenshots, it makes troubleshooting/helping much easier. 

I think there's a problem with how it read that .245Ω's as it's clearly a .196Ω coil, and how it read .185Ω. Did you manually put it there?

Look at your 1st pic, what do the live ohms show, Look at your 2nd pic, what do the live ohms show?
.196Ω and .197-.196Ω You have a .196Ω coil.

The coil resistance is read by the mod. A poor connection by the trapping of the wire, or dirty connections on the mod or atty can affect the reading. BUT, no matter what you change it to or think, when you hit that fire button, the mod reads the live resistance, as it should.

Your mod is normal.

55 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Thank you for the earlier screenshots, it makes troubleshooting/helping much easier. 

I think there's a problem with how it read that .245Ω's as it's clearly a .196Ω coil, and how it read .185Ω. Did you manually put it there?

Look at your 1st pic, what do the live ohms show, Look at your 2nd pic, what do the live ohms show?
.196Ω and .197-.196Ω You have a .196Ω coil.

The coil resistance is read by the mod. A poor connection by the trapping of the wire, or dirty connections on the mod or atty can affect the reading. BUT, no matter what you change it to or think, when you hit that fire button, the mod reads the live resistance, as it should.

Your mod is normal.

Yes, I put it .185Ω manually

But why does my mod read .245Ω when I use the "Measure Ohms" feature? and when I pressed the fire button it went to .196Ω ?

9 minutes ago, Artemius said:

Yes, I put it .185Ω manually

I hope you now realize not to do that.

10 minutes ago, Artemius said:

But why does my mod read .245Ω when I use the "Measure Ohms" feature?

No idea, I think it was done by you, but doesn't matter, you see it fired at .196Ω as I have already explained.

31 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

I hope you now realize not to do that.

No idea, I think it was done by you, but doesn't matter, you see it fired at .196Ω as I have already explained.

I understand your explanation, very easy to understand. Thank you for helping me