Ti in TC and replay

Fabian95

So I'm currently using a BMM tiny v2.5, built a TCR in steam engine for a 7.5 wrap, 24G Ti grade 1, 2.5mm ID, comes out to a .18. I'm running in replay and to get that replay I started off in TC with my steam-engine profile. 

I'm set to 430F, 41watts with preheat at 5. The flavour I'm getting is wonderful but so far it only lasts about a day before it starts hitting completely different and becomes a lack luster vape. Coil becomes gunked and cotton starts to discoloured. Am I doing something wrong?

I'd say the juice I'm using is somewhat on the sweet side but if I was using a ni80 alien on a mech it would last me longer.

Welcome @Fabian95 👋
You might be very new to TC and Replay on DNA color mods.
The TCR/TFR of a material (Titanium in your case) does not care at all about any coil specs. You can check that in steam-engine yourself.

While both features offer unique advantages, they serve different purposes. Temperature Control mode focuses on regulating coil temperature, while Replay mode focuses on replicating a specific vaping experience for more consistency and convenience.

Both prevent dry hits. 
TC really protects the temperature of your coil, and is a limit you set.
Replay on the other hand is focused on the flavour of your puff. Replay does NOT require any material file at all to operate/work.

I do use TI01 in Replay alone with the material identified as 'watts' in that profile BUT I start in TC alone to figure out where to start my watts in Replay, and change up/down slowly.

If you are using both together in a hybrid mode, weirdness can definitely occur.

Are you using both together?

2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Welcome @Fabian95 👋
You might be very new to TC and Replay on DNA color mods.
The TCR/TFR of a material (Titanium in your case) does not care at all about any coil specs. You can check that in steam-engine yourself.

While both features offer unique advantages, they serve different purposes. Temperature Control mode focuses on regulating coil temperature, while Replay mode focuses on replicating a specific vaping experience for more consistency and convenience.

Both prevent dry hits. 
TC really protects the temperature of your coil, and is a limit you set.
Replay on the other hand is focused on the flavour of your puff. Replay does NOT require any material file at all to operate/work.

I do use TI01 in Replay alone with the material identified as 'watts' in that profile BUT I start in TC alone to figure out where to start my watts in Replay, and change up/down slowly.

If you are using both together in a hybrid mode, weirdness can definitely occur.

Are you using both together?

Okay so maybe that's where I went wrong but ya im using them together, im on a Ti7 profile I made and start in temp mode, fine a good vape and with the BMM theme I have I can activate replay at the bottom and then hit save puff. 

So would that explain why I'm only getting about a day of consistent results before the vape changes? 

2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

3 minutes ago, Fabian95 said:

So would that explain why I'm only getting about a day of consistent results before the vape changes? 

For ME to help, use TC alone or Replay alone, and then report back with a Device Monitor screenshot. 

Start Device Monitor. On the left, click these checkboxes only.
Power, power set, temperature, temperature set, cold ohms, live ohms.

Take a puff or two, pause Device Monitor. Post screenshot of full screen (link in my signature line)

3 hours ago, Wayneo said:

For ME to help, use TC alone or Replay alone, and then report back with a Device Monitor screenshot. 

Start Device Monitor. On the left, click these checkboxes only.
Power, power set, temperature, temperature set, cold ohms, live ohms.

Take a puff or two, pause Device Monitor. Post screenshot of full screen (link in my signature line)

Alright i tore my mission krma rda down, gave it a full clean. Put a new build in, 24G Ti 1, 8 wrap, 2.5mm id, running at 400 f, 45 watts, preheat set to 50 watts with 8 punch. build came out to .219 and here is the device monitor. This is in titanium tc mode only with no replay. 

tc diag 400.png

Edited by Fabian95
added info

Yeah, OK.
And how's that vaping for you? Everything looks fine. Pity you didn't "Post screenshot of full screen (link in my signature line)" like I asked which shows much more information.

Although your coil  didn't reach that 400°F limit, no evolv person ever said you were supposed to .... it's a limit. Is there anything you want more/less, faster/slower, colder/hotter?

Hopefully that weirdness should stop. The coil gunk is due to your juice carmelizing. You can always dry burn that coil in TC. It's safe.

Two last things, if you get a "is this a new coil" answer yes. And, replay alone at 45 watts, no material profile or punch might give you an even more flavorful vape.

14 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Yeah, OK.
And how's that vaping for you? Everything looks fine. Pity you didn't "Post screenshot of full screen (link in my signature line)" like I asked which shows much more information.

Although your coil  didn't reach that 400°F limit, no evolv person ever said you were supposed to .... it's a limit. Is there anything you want more/less, faster/slower, colder/hotter?

Hopefully that weirdness should stop. The coil gunk is due to your juice carmelizing. You can always dry burn that coil in TC. It's safe.

Two last things, if you get a "is this a new coil" answer yes. And, replay alone at 45 watts, no material profile or punch might give you an even more flavorful vape.

Ohh im sorry I'm not use to pc anymore so that's my bad I used the screen shot function in escribe. Currently vaping really nice and flavourful. I think I may have went a little to light on the cotton because I didn't want to move the coil so I think that was also the reason. 

If you're happy, then so am I.
Some people choose to ride the 'temp limit' line, others ride the 'watts set' line, like you have done. And with riding the watts line you notice the coil didn't get any hotter at your 45 watts. You could let off on the fire button a bit before you stop inhaling and that'll get ejuice off the top of your coil.