Temp Control Questions.

LordOdin

Hi

I did vape DTL until about 6 months ago and am now Vaping MTL but still love Mesh every now and then. Question 1 is can SS  Mesh be used in TC. 2nd question is I usually vape at 12w in MTL and want to try TC, i think what's the point of buying a DNA Mod just for wattage use. I have been told in TC i double my watts to 24 and use TC for the actual heat of the vapour. I am not a fan of warm vapes. I will be using Ni200 and SS 316L when i start TC. Can anyone give me some ballpark settings to get me started and then i can try and figure out the right TC settings myself. Any help appreciated.

Yes you can use SS with TC without a problem. Although if you are using prebuilt coil heads, they are probably using nickel legs. Meaning that setting it to SS might not work out too well. A DNA will often kick out of TC mode and drop into wattage mode if you try. That is because SS316L uses a TCR of like .00088 to .00092 ish. But with nickel legs, it combines to be more like .00125. So this is what I use for those type of coils. Yes mesh works really well with TC too. And Ni200 isn't a problem either.

Ah... double your wattage for TC thing. Yes well you can and that will vape at the temperature you have dialed in. Evolv calls this Temperature Dominant. Most TC vapers vape this way. Say you have the temperature set to 420°F. From the moment you fire, it will vape at 420°F until you stop firing. Problem vaping this way is flavor notes peak at different temperatures. And vaping Temperature Dominant you miss out on all of the other flavor notes that you would get from power mode alone. And most people who try TC, give up because they don't like the way it vapes (missing out on the other flavor notes) and go back to power mode vaping.

Ah... but you can have both. Evolv expected TC vapers would vape by Power Dominant. Here you set the wattage the same as you would do in power mode alone. In fact, it vapes just like wattage mode. You get all of the flavor notes the same. And those that tried TC and quit, should try this way to see if they like it. The difference between power mode and Power Dominant TC, is the latter gives you dry hit and burn protection and won't go above the set temperature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bill, i just want a TC Vape that's similar to my wattage vape or maybe improve the flavour of the vape if i can. I am glad to know Mesh is good with TC as the last person i asked a couple of years ago said definitely not to vape with Mesh, that left me with a boatload of SS Mesh that i wouldn't really use. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

• Like 1