Are my battery stats normal?

arvelo

Hi. I bought steam-crave hadron mini dna100c, and this is my first dna chip mod. I just want to be sure about battery stats. I bought Molicel P42, it arrived at 3.5 volts and I charged it at 0.5 amp, it is a brand-new battery but it made in june 2021.

Here is my stats; (i took this ss while firing) 

it says 3.88 while firing, but 24 watt and 3.88 can't be 5.63 ampere i guess. this is something they call "battery slag" but isn't this a little much?

btw, how can i test fully this mod to be sure everything okay?, it arrived with missing 18650 battery slave and sponges was half, not as it should have been, that's why i am curious.

xx.png

Edited by arvelo
ss added

Are my battery stats normal? I would say probably Yes.

I don't know the standing battery voltage (before firing), so when it drops to 3.88V while firing is anybody's guess.

Using all the values in the 'current puff' area and simple ohm's law, it looks good to me.

What kind of tests would you want to run? 

Before leaving the factory there are only a few functional tests done. A firing test at about 70% max power, where they look at voltage drop AND a battery test that your mod will charge. You can see that yourself. If you look at your Total Puffs there's 218. Looking to the left you see 'Since Reset' which shows 211. Over on the right hand side, just above the firmware version you'll see 'Resets' 1. Those missing 7 puffs were during testing.

5 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Are my battery stats normal? I would say probably Yes.

I don't know the standing battery voltage (before firing), so when it drops to 3.88V while firing is anybody's guess.

Using all the values in the 'current puff' area and simple ohm's law, it looks good to me.

What kind of tests would you want to run? 

Before leaving the factory there are only a few functional tests done. A firing test at about 70% max power, where they look at voltage drop AND a battery test that your mod will charge. You can see that yourself. If you look at your Total Puffs there's 218. Looking to the left you see 'Since Reset' which shows 211. Over on the right hand side, just above the firmware version you'll see 'Resets' 1. Those missing 7 puffs were during testing.

thank you. it was 4.08 before firing. current puff area looks good to me, too. but is 4.25 volt possible with battery has 4.08 volt? is there any part that increases voltage? i am a bit interested in electricity, thats why i want to know actually, maybe this is not the place to discuss it but this is vape-related. i know the functional test, there is 7 missing, but on mod i can see 13 test done by factory. no problem with it, just to be sure about everything. as i said before, weird packaging made me curious :D 

1 hour ago, arvelo said:

it was 4.08 before firing. current puff area looks good to me, too. but is 4.25 volt possible with battery has 4.08 volt? is there any part that increases voltage?

So it had a .2V drop while firing. 

Yes, 4.25V is possible. The regulator on that board can boost the voltage up to 9V for your mod (based on limits identified in escribe Mod-Battery and Mod-Electrical). You can learn more from batteryuniversity.com or mooch on youtube. 

• Like 2