New battery not charging fully

Well, voltages are a sorta tricky thing. See what you said here 

17 hours ago, thelateoctober said:

having changed display while charging to show individual cell voltages.

So after a puff when the cell has recovered (just sitting there) we'll call the standing/unloaded voltage, and cell 2 shows 3.1 volts, yes it drops power while increasing the amps, If that's what your cell soft cutoff value is. You should be getting a 'weak battery' or flashing depending on what you set in escribe. As soon as cell 2 hits the hard coded minimum volts the mod won't fire and you get a 'check battery'. I thought you were already at 3.98 volts this morning? I'd let it sit there and charge until it's balanced. 

1 minute ago, Wayneo said:

Well, voltages are a sorta tricky thing. See what you said here 

So after a puff when the cell has recovered (just sitting there) we'll call the standing/unloaded voltage, and cell 2 shows 3.1 volts, yes it drops power while increasing the amps, If that's what your soft cell value is. You should be getting a 'weak battery' or flashing depending on what you set in escribe. As soon as cell 2 hits the hard coded minimum volts the mod won't fire and you get a 'check battery'. I thought you were already at 3.98 volts this morning? I'd let it sit there and charge until it's balanced. 

Yep I went until I got flashing. The guy from Maxamps said to run another cycle or two, giving plenty of time to just sit on the charger in between. I'll give that a go and see how it turns out. 

Update - after two more discharge / charge cycles and an additional 36 hours on the charger cell 2 is up to 4.01v. My main concern is this - when I got it it stopped at 3.2v. After some cycles and charger time got it to 3.6. Ran one cycle and it only came back to 3.2. I'm worried that I leave it on the charger for a week to get to 4.2, then run a cycle and it comes back low again. I mean breaking in a battery shouldn't take a month but I'm far from an expert. Anyway, just an update.