SS316 TC mode changing to watts on its own.

illogik

I've been using SS316 tc mode but today it has changed from the temp setting to watts. The mod is set to ss316 tc mode but the display reads watts where it should say  temp. In escribe for the ss316 profile, it turns temperature off. I can turn it back on and upload the settings but when I fire the mod it reverts back to watts again.

Any fix please?

This can be one of the most difficult issues to find due to so many different reasons.

Was this a new coil or new wire or a new atty?
Was the coil checked for any hotspots before using, and screws were still a tight connection?
Was the coil installed at room temperature?
Describe the coil and Ω's.
Using Atomizer Analyzer tell me how much the coil fluctuates over a minute.

While taking a puff using Device Monitor (and the same 3 fields as below(1)), pause the screen (2), hover your mouse over near the end of the puff (3) and click for that vertical line, and post the full screenshot like I did.

Screen_Shot_2022-06-16_at_1_03_14_PM.png

Here, too, the question of the theme used must be asked, because in some themes the temperature display is only shown if the chip has recognized the finished coil as temp-sensitive - regardless of the fact that SS316, for example, is set as the material.

12 hours ago, CMK aka gwyar said:

Here, too, the question of the theme used must be asked, because in some themes the temperature display is only shown if the chip has recognized the finished coil as temp-sensitive - regardless of the fact that SS316, for example, is set as the material.

I am using Frank65's paranormal, Odin etc theme.

20 hours ago, Wayneo said:

This can be one of the most difficult issues to find due to so many different reasons.

Was the coil checked for any hotspots before using, and screws were still a tight connection?

While taking a puff using Device Monitor (and the same 3 fields as below(1)), pause the screen (2), hover your mouse over near the end of the puff (3) and click for that vertical line, and post the full screenshot like I did.

I'll get this done later for you Wayne, kinda busy right now. I also noticed I have more than 1 DNA mod doing this. Will post details later.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb illogik:

I am using Frank65's paranormal, Odin etc theme.

As I suspected - Frank65's theme only shows the temperature if both a termp-sensitive material (e.g. SS316) is selected as material AND the chipset has also recognized the built-in coil as temp-sensitive. If this test is negative - which sometimes happens with complex coils - then the TC mode is not permitted in Frank's entire theme and "only" the watt display is displayed accordingly.
And yes, it can happen that a coil that has already been set up in TC mode and used for a short time is no longer recognized as temp-sensitive after the next standby.

The original stock theme does not carry out this test... If you switch to TC mode there (material e.g. SS316), the temperature is ALWAYS displayed. But since this makes little sense, many use the query for temp-sensing-material-detect. To my knowledge, Frank65 started doing this many years ago and many theme designers follow his basics (me too - many thanks to Frank's work at this point)

Edited by CMK aka gwyar

On 6/16/2022 at 7:36 PM, Wayneo said:

It was an already used coil in an already used tank, both used already on this dna mod.

No hotspots and all screws tight.

Installed at room temp yes.

The coils are a pair of SS316 SSFC's at 4mm ID, 0.16Ω

In Atomizer Analyzer the coil sits at 0.164Ω and every few secs will go up to 0.165Ω briefly then back to 0.164Ω

Here is the screenshot from one of my hadron plus that has this issue. One of my hadron pro's has the issue also but that is a build I did a while ago so I'm going to check the coils first.

image.thumb.jpeg.585051d7b1b496a951045d5aa1e8cc31.jpeg

Edited by illogik

My hadron pro coils look fine. I plugged it into escribe and turned tc back on for the ss316 profile and saved to device and it works again now but trying the same thing on the Hadron plus it just reverts back to watts as soon as I take a puff.

3 hours ago, illogik said:

It was an already used coil in an already used tank, both used already on this dna mod.

No hotspots and all screws tight.

Installed at room temp yes.

The coils are a pair of SS316 SSFC's at 4mm ID, 0.16Ω

In Atomizer Analyzer the coil sits at 0.164Ω and every few secs will go up to 0.165Ω briefly then back to 0.164Ω

Here is the screenshot from one of my hadron plus that has this issue. One of my hadron pro's has the issue also but that is a build I did a while ago so I'm going to check the coils first.

I hope all these comments relate to the screenshot you posted. If you look at my screenshot (3) you'll see my cold ohm raised from the live ohms (from .363 to .430). Yours are a flat line. So long as your coil is SS your live ohms should rise no matter what based on your answers.

You can try swapping atty's, and the current on working on your Plus should work on the Pro. During the swap, check the positive connection on your atty's are tight, and wipe down the threads on your mod and atty with a qtip and some ISO or windex.

Edit: I didn't ask you to click on the Power Set option, but if you looked at the screen you might've seen the 'low battery' warning based on your green line.

And there are no values shown like in my screenshot (3).

Edit 2: And can you post a screenshot of your Mod -> Battery page. Did you change the battery curve on that Plus?

Thank you for the screenshot 👍

1 hour ago, illogik said:

Those are the same 3 I selected. I didn't click power set.

Yeah, I know, I already said that. After seeing that green line I was saying I should have.

Moving on, that's horrendous that SteamCrave would configure those parameters. Change the battery type from (Lipo) Lithium Polymer, to Lithium Ion 18650

Ideally, you should use your actual battery specs and run the analyzer yourself, or search for someone elses curve for your battery. Upload settings to mod.

• Thanks 1