Temperature Protection in watts mode

nickwa04

If I put on a sub ohm it works fine but only using 65 watts. The rda I’m pushing 90 to get a vape. I know the ohms change a lot when I fire it. The pic below is the one giving me the error.  Works fine on my Ursa Quest. Hope someone can help.

43C26DA2-6BF4-44C0-B506-098F3EDAC529.jpeg

Die "temp protect"-Warnung im Wattmodus wird irritierenderweise angezeigt, wenn z. B. der Widerstand sprunghaft wechselt. Das kann passieren, wenn es zwischen der Coil und dem Atty zu einem Kurzschluss kommt, die Verschraubung der Coil leicht gelockert ist, oder aber der Pluspin am 510er keinen optimalen Kontakt hat. Soweit meine persönlichen Erfahrungen. Wenn der identische Atty auf einem anderen Akkuträger ohne Probleme läuft, tippe entweder auf den Pluspin - vielleicht kannst Du diesen leicht (!) herausdrehen, etwa eine viertel Umdrehung. Oder aber der andere Akkuträger ist weniger empfindlich in Bezug auf kurze, sprunghafte Änderungen des Widerstands - dann würde ich ebenfalls die Verschraubungen der Coil kontrollieren und auf ausreichenden Abstand zwischen Coil und Gehäuse achten. Was anderes fällt mir jetzt auch nicht ein. 

Sicher kennen sich hier im Forum einige erheblich besser mit den möglichen Ursachen für die Fehlermeldung aus. 

• Like 1

• Wayneo changed the title to Temperature Protection in watts mode

Here is a snippet of my 2 cell DNA200 firing at 80 watts (set to 80). I was going to ask you to post the same of yours when I seen mine doing the same.

Here is why mine only reached 66 watts and not 80. All of the DNA boards that use cells in a series are buck only meaning that their output voltage will never be more than battery pack voltage. In this case the 200 board powered by 2 cells has a maximum output of 6 volts.

Note in my snippet that @ 66 watts the output voltage is maxed out at 5.96 volts (blue line), if I built a lower resistance coil it could hit 80 watts with the right resistance.

Could it be that you have the same thing going on?

The max voltage on a DNA250 board powered by two cells is 6.2 volts and the 250C is in that range also.

But looking at your build I doubt if that is your problem.

I would like to know what your pack/cell voltage drops to when firing. 6.88 v in my snip.

Max voltage.JPG

• Like 1

I am definitely saving these replies.  What I am assuming is it was do to a setting from something I downloaded into the mod.  What I did was restore the mod.  I then did an update and reinstalled a theme I liked but did not miss with any other settings.  I also realized when doing that I forgot dry fire and remove the hot spots from the coil so I am assuming that played a role in it.  Just from the fact I have seen coils vary after being dry fired for mech mods.  Thanks for taking the time and helping out!!

• Like 1