About dna75c

jabmen

Hello everyone, 

For the 1st time on the past week, i've tested a DNA mod from a friend, which is a Thelema DNA250C. I put my tank on it ( a Bishop mtl ), and i've noticed a huge difference in kind of vapor and density, i was totally surprised ( i was with an aspire mixx at 16 watts, and i've tested on the Lost Vape Thelema at 15wts, kanthal mode boost on, and punch 5 ) 

So, i've decided to buy an DNA device this week. I bought an Odin mini 75c, since i am only a mtl user, i dont need high wattages nor a dual batteries mod. But i was disappointed, since, with this mod, i've don't notice any diference comparing with my actual mods in kind of Vapor. At terms of stability, quality, configs, etc yes.... its a LOT better at everything.  

But i don't feel the same experience with the Odin mini 75c, that i feel with the Lost Vape Thelema, where i vape and i feel a more dense vapor ( same tank, same liquid, same coil, everything equal). Same configurations on Odin atm.

So, i was a little disappointed, since, in terms of vapor, its lot similar to my actual aspire mixx, and my old aegis solo. I can even tell, that, to get the similar vapor on odin mini 75c, i have to go up in wattage. On aspire mixx or aegis i use at 16watts, on odin 75c with the same tank, i have to put at 19/20 watts to get similar vapor ( weird ) - 0.85ohm Kanthal coil.

Can anyone, kind of, explain me, why there is so much diference between the Odin 75C and Thelema ( remembering that im an mtl user, i only vape a low wattages usually 15/16wts max) or, maybe something i was not doing well on the Odin 75c? ( I've already tried many configs on escribe )  

I really appreciate any kind of help. 

Thanks

Hi,
I can only share my own experience, but cannot make a well-founded, helpful explanation.
In addition to my various LostVape mods with 75C and 250C chipsets, I also have two Aspire-MIXX. I also operate the latter exclusively in the MTL range, also in the watt range below 20W mentioned. I can confirm the observation that the same vaporizers / coils on my DNA mods require about 10% more power. But we only know what we see or what the mods show us. So I assume that in this comparison Aspire / Evolv is the reason for the control of the chipsets. Both tell us that they WILL fire at 18W, for example - what they actually do afterwards is another matter. At least Evolv lets us evaluate this; even on the mod with a corresponding theme. What Aspire ACTUALLY DONE; we do not know it.

The difference between mods from different manufacturers with comparable chipsets becomes more interesting. So Odin 75C vs. Thelema (250C).
I just switched back and forth in the 18W range between 75C and 250C - but both mods from LostVape. I cannot determine any differences in the watt range, in the TC range I've had the feeling for a long time that the 75C is a bit more sensitive here. Both require the same power for the same target temperature.

The difference seems to actually lie with the two manufacturers Dovpo versus LostVape. I can only explain this to myself with the different electrical properties or the values stored for them.

Hi, 
ich kann nur meine eigene Erfahrung teilen, jedoch keine fundierte, hilfreiche Erklärung abgeben. 
Auch ich besitze neben meinen diversen LostVape-Mods mit 75C- und 250C-Chipsätzen auch zwei Aspire-MIXX. letztere betreibe ich auch ausschließlich im MTL-Bereich, ebenfalls im genannten Wattbereich unter 20W. Ich kann die Beobachtung bestätigen, dass die gleichen Verdampfer/Coils auf meinen DNA-Mods etwa 10% mehr Leistung benötigen. Wir wissen aber nur, was wir sehen, bzw die Mods uns anzeigen. Von daher gehe ich davon aus, dass in diesem Vergleich Aspire/Evolv die Ursache in Steuerung der Chipsätze liegt. Beide sagen uns, sie WERDEN mit beispielsweise 18W feuern - was sie dann anschließend tatsächlich machen, steht auf einem anderen Blatt. Zumindest Evolv lässt uns dies auswerten; sogar am Mod mit entsprechendem Theme. Was Aspire tatsächlich GEMACHT HAT; wir wissen es nicht. 

Interessanter wird der Unterschied zwischen Mods verschiedener Hersteller mit vergleichbaren Chipsätzen. Also Odin 75C vs. Thelema (250C). 
Da habe ich soeben im 18W-Bereich zwischen 75C und 250C hin und her gewechselt - allerdings beide Mods von LostVape. Ich kann keine Unterschiede im Wattbereich festlegen, im TC-Bereich habe ich schon lange das Gefühl, der 75C ist hier etwas feinfühliger. Beide benötigen für die gleiche Zieltemperatur die gleiche Leistung. 

Der Untrschied scheint also tatsächlich bei den beiden Herstellern Dovpo versus LostVape zu liegen. Ich kann mir dies nur mit den unterschiedlichen, elektrischen Eigenschaften, bzw. den hierzu hinterlegten Werten erklären.

• Like 3

@Fyl8866 I have merged your 2 initial posts into this one, which in itself was a duplicated post. You don't need to do that :raised_hands:

What kind of material (wire) are you using? What atomizer are you using?

Can you post a full screenshot while firing your Odin 75C in Device Monitor. Just 3 checkboxes ticked. Power, live ohms, cold ohms.

The question, is already solved, the topic is old. I've already tried another DNA's, and i've noticed the differences between them. DNA75C work kinda good, but the 250c is widely better.

Maybe there were people who don't find any kind of differences between mods, maybe another people yes. 

For me, the differences are obvious between mods. Like i.e. the Dna75 chip its not good at all (to me its the worst DNA - for me the dna75 perform like an low end mod (non dna)), i do prefere (largely) the dna60 , comparing to the dna75.

And comparing the dna75c with the 250c same thing, the 250c do perform better, even at the same settings ( No TC ). 

Even evolv saying that, there are no differences between chips, if at the same settings and same conditions, to me, the differences are obviously. Maybe its due to the Brands manufacturing or firmware, i dont know. But i do feel the differences.  

12 hours ago, Fyl8866 said:

Among the DNA chips I have, dna20 and dna250 are the best, dna75 is the second, and dna75c is the worst, which is still the most expensive.

To be honest, i do prefer the dna60 instead of the dna75c - not talking abouth the dna250c that is obviously better.

Moderator edited

Alrighty gents. This forum is to discuss your current issues that you are having with your DNA mods. Comparing your mod to others is fine in general, but not the focus as we're here to help with your mod in hand. 
You can self edit your posts, or I will in the morning. Be certain with what you write, because I will be pointed in my critique.

If you don't self edit I can lock and hide this topic and you can start again , because in good conscience I'd hate for a new user to read the vast majority of these posts.

• Thanks 1

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Wayneo:

If you don't self edit I can lock and hide this topic and you can start again , because in good conscience I'd hate for a new user to read the vast majority of these posts.

If there are problems "with the 75C", problems in operation, false expectations or even faulty hardware can not be ruled out.
Apart from my own consistently positive experiences, I have not heard of any comparably bad testimonials.

• Like 1

So I did some testing with some of mine, here are the results:

Using my meter to measure output voltage off the posts.

DNA75-- 0.98 ohms--17 watts-- 4.04 volts.

DNA75C--0.99 ohms-- 17 watts-- 4.03 volts

Dna250C-- 0.98 ohms--17 watts-- 4.03 volts

Kanthal coil

All mods have internal resistance set.

I figure that FW causes slight variances with resistance readings

So they say they don't compare vape wise, maybe slight adjustment required to power. I say *****, either that or I need a new meter.

The board is probably better than most meters anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My English is not that good, but as far as I understand it is still not limited whether it is a problem with the 75C or a problem with the mod. The comparison was again made with an Odin 75c.
So I find it a bit presumptuous to discuss problems with mods in an Evolv forum, since Evolv does not make mods. A mod is the sum of its parts and the chipset is only part of it (albeit a very important one, of course).
In the foreseeable future I will be provided with an Odin 75c and will then comment on it at a suitable point.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb jabmen:

You're tottaly right, and i agree with you. Unfortunately the brand doesn't say the same! They said exactly the opposite, they "only" assembly and sell the mod, any related problem to performance they point to Evolv.

As I wrote - Dovpo will provide me with an Odin 75c and then I'll comment on it. (let's see how long it will take him to be with me)

3 hours ago, gwyar said:

As I wrote - Dovpo will provide me with an Odin 75c and then I'll comment on it. (let's see how long it will take him to be with me)

Dovpo Odin Dna75C should perform kinda good! 

PS: for your luck! I would really like to get another Odin mini Dna75C, but they were totally discontinued some time ago, they are no more odin mini 75c on the market out there. I've got a Dovpo College Dna60, and he performs extremely well.

Moderator edited

20 hours ago, Fyl8866 said:

I mainly inhale in watt mode, the ignition is weak, the aroma of smoke oil can't be excited, the temperature protection is turned off, and the maximum setting temperature is 551 ℃. Can the government pay attention to Watt mode, update the firmware,

From your screenshot you are not close to any limits. Adjust the power/watts up. This is not a firmware issue.

11 hours ago, Fyl8866 said:

Excuse me, how do you solve the lostvape configuration file? I uploaded it. It can be a little better

The same tools are available to you, but using files from not even the same brand is just crazy talk. Being a low watt vaper, the internal mod resistance is probably a little low.

11 hours ago, jabmen said:

.......... I'de would like to try this mod with another  Dna75 configuration file, but i dont find any.

The same tools are available to you, but using files from not even the same brand is just crazy talk. Being a low watt vaper, the internal mod resistance is probably a little low. IF YOU WANT TO REHASH YOUR DNA75 WOES, GO DO IT IN THAT THREAD. 

2 minutes ago, Fyl8866 said:

That is to say, all the materials in the configuration file choose watts, the same power, Watts 1-8, and use the serial port command to set the temperature of each configuration file from 250 ℃ to 350 ℃. At present, it's found that the setting to 290 ℃ is OK, but it takes time to confirm, because the change of taste is very sci-fi, looking forward to success

Look. Nichrome 80 IS NOT A TC MATERIAL. NO MATTER YOUR TALK ABOUT 550°C IN YOUR INITIAL POST OR 350°C HERE THE HARD BOARD LIMITS WILL NOT ALLOW THAT (EVEN IF IT WAS A TC MATERIAL)

You can only adjust the watts or boost with that material.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fyl8866 said:

This is a very interesting question. I observed the smoke output with naked eyes under the Watts mode at 149 ℃ and 300 ℃ respectively. The 149 ℃ smoke was obviously less intense than the 300 ℃ smoke. I was confused and didn't have a professional temperature measuring instrument

What was the question? PURE CRAZY TALK. Look at YOUR screenshot. Look at 'Temp set' 550C, then you also enabled the 'Temp' value, BUT THERE IS NOTHING SHOWN. WHY? CUZ IT'S FIRING AT YOUR 13.3 WATTS. EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. 

2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Nichrome 80 IS NOT A TC MATERIAL

What part of that statement do you NOT understand?

I'm this close -> <- to hiding or deleting or locking these posts that clearly show a basic lack of understanding the most simple concepts :)

My patience is wearing thin.

• Like 2

8 horas atrás, Wayneo disse:

What part of that statement do you NOT understand?

I'm this close -> <- to hiding or deleting or locking these posts that clearly show a basic lack of understanding the most simple concepts :)

My patience is wearing thin.

We all already understand from your answer's that your patient was not good, since looks like everything bothers you!. You really need to rest. Or if you need to talk or something and let off steam, you can talk to me privately, I'll certainly read and support you.

If the people ask or talk about anything here, simply upset you - even if he's talking about basic stuff. If people knows already everything, this forum was not needed.

But if for you the best solution to solve everything is to delete the posts. Go for it - do it! Maybe it really is the best thing to do, since you just want to argue and not help. Stop with threats, and your hostile comments! 

10 horas atrás, Wayneo disse:

The same tools are available to you, but using files from not even the same brand is just crazy talk. Being a low watt vaper, the internal mod resistance is probably a little low. IF YOU WANT TO REHASH YOUR DNA75 WOES, GO DO IT IN THAT THREAD. 

Yeah, my "Woes" (what a such nice comments coming from a moderator), about a 90€ mod, who perform worst than any of my low end/cost mod's which i ever had in around 10y of vaping experience, and that i felt totally deceived, after trying everything in 1month and a half, and even after contacting the brand who refuses to support the device since im not from UK, and they just simply point the problems to Evolv....

You are talking about Jac Vapour dna75 - "that thread" that i've already deleted many days ago, since the awnser was the "output voltage line is linear" on the graphics....!? so, since that line were linear, that says everything and the mod is performing totally fine........ and all of my statements are purely false... and I was making it all up, and a fairy tail story, just because maybe I had nothing else to do and im bored!?... No! I have a lot to do, instead spending time with unjustified "woes". So yeah, i've deleted the post! What i don't like, its to be deceived! Specially when i've spend 90€, hoping for (at least) a decente mod performance, since he has a DNA chip, which was not the case, at all - that mod dont perform good at all!  You can know everything about the DNA's Chips, but i assure you that you don't know more than me in terms of general vaping, in any aspect. If i "woe", like you say and using your words, i have my reasons for that! And if i say that there is something wrong with the output voltage ( and im not the only one saying that, since a friend of mine got the same mod after me, and he says exactly the same, and he has dozens of DNA's, and many other mods), its because, there are really something wrong with the mod! I dont care if the "output voltage/wattage line" on the EScribe is "linear". On the PRATICE, the vaping experiencie with this mod its not good, the mod is not performing well at all, and anything its not right! - Its my experience with the mod. You're not using the mod instead of me, I'm the one who using it - you could believe or not, its your decision and your problem. But you must respect! Sorry if you don't and you can't understand that. I have Dna60 Dna75C and Dna250C, and many other low end mods, and i dont complain about them, looks like, its maybe only a huge coincidence i only complain about the Jac Vapour Dna75 very poor's performance! Which, from your understanding: I cannot do it! 

PS: You can write in small print, don't need the Caps Lock neither Bold on all of your statements, people are not stupid, nor blind. PS'2: You can keep editing all my statement's and removing the parts that you don't like from them, like you already did, to change my statements to a different context, as you wish, like a dictatorship! 

Maybe for you, spend and invest 90€ on a mod to serve as a paperweight it is a totally normal thing, but for me its not - and for sure, not for many other user's here. Anyway, no more comments! 

4 hours ago, jabmen said:

We all already understand from your answer's that your patient was not good, since looks like everything bothers you!. You really need to rest. Or if you need to talk or something and let off steam, you can talk to me privately, I'll certainly read and support you.

If the people ask or talk about anything here, simply upset you - even if he's talking about basic stuff. If people knows already everything, this forum was not needed.

But if for you the best solution to solve everything is to delete the posts. Go for it - do it! Maybe it really is the best thing to do, since you just want to argue and not help. Stop with threats, and your hostile comments! 

Yeah, my "Woes" (what a such nice comments coming from a moderator), about a 90€ mod, who perform worst than any of my low end/cost mod's which i ever had in around 10y of vaping experience, and that i felt totally deceived, after trying everything in 1month and a half, and even after contacting the brand who refuses to support the device since im not from UK, and they just simply point the problems to Evolv....

You are talking about Jac Vapour dna75 - "that thread" that i've already deleted many days ago, since the awnser was the "output voltage line is linear" on the graphics....!? so, since that line were linear, that says everything and the mod is performing totally fine........ and all of my statements are purely false... and I was making it all up, and a fairy tail story, just because maybe I had nothing else to do and im bored!?... No! I have a lot to do, instead spending time with unjustified "woes". So yeah, i've deleted the post! What i don't like, its to be deceived! Specially when i've spend 90€, hoping for (at least) a decente mod performance, since he has a DNA chip, which was not the case, at all - that mod dont perform good at all!  You can know everything about the DNA's Chips, but i assure you that you don't know more than me in terms of general vaping, in any aspect. If i "woe", like you say and using your words, i have my reasons for that! And if i say that there is something wrong with the output voltage ( and im not the only one saying that, since a friend of mine got the same mod after me, and he says exactly the same, and he has dozens of DNA's, and many other mods), its because, there are really something wrong with the mod! I dont care if the "output voltage/wattage line" on the EScribe is "linear". On the PRATICE, the vaping experiencie with this mod its not good, the mod is not performing well at all, and anything its not right! - Its my experience with the mod. You're not using the mod instead of me, I'm the one who using it - you could believe or not, its your decision and your problem. But you must respect! Sorry if you don't and you can't understand that. I have Dna60 Dna75C and Dna250C, and many other low end mods, and i dont complain about them, looks like, its maybe only a huge coincidence i only complain about the Jac Vapour Dna75 very poor's performance! Which, from your understanding: I cannot do it! 

PS: You can write in small print, don't need the Caps Lock neither Bold on all of your statements, people are not stupid, nor blind. PS'2: You can keep editing all my statement's and removing the parts that you don't like from them, like you already did, to change my statements to a different context, as you wish, like a dictatorship! 

Maybe for you, spend and invest 90€ on a mod to serve as a paperweight it is a totally normal thing, but for me its not - and for sure, not for many other user's here. Anyway, no more comments! 

Thank you. I just sold the 75c. I don't have to worry about it. I said so much just to use it better, but I'm very disappointed.

Nichrome 80 is not and has never been a material used for TC vaping on a DNA mod.
From my dictionary "(woes) things that cause sorrow or distress; troubles" was a very fitting word for your DNA75.
I see we're all done here. Have a great day gents. 
🙌

• Wayneo locked this topic