Battery Drain

steamer861

Hi All

So I have a 2017 BB (authentic No USB), have had it for quite a while now with out any issues, until recently :(  About a week ago after not hitting the BB for a good spell I found the battery completely dead!  So much so that it was toast & could not be revived  :(  I removed the front & back cover to find nothing visibly  wrong, no massive juice spills or bad wires. I cleaned every thing inside with a qTip & iso & replaced the covers.  I started to keep an eye on it & found it will completely drain the battery to 3.6 volts in a few days with out hitting it at all! So it's obvious to me that some thing has gone wrong. My question is if I open it & hook up a usb to it & it to E-Scribe is there any thing I could look for in Device Monitor to give a hint at what could have went wrong?  Or is there some other way to check for a battery drain? maybe with a multi meter?

I do have a spare 60 & could replace it if need be, But I'd like that to be my last option.

I doubt if EScribe has any value here. This is the 1st 60 I have heard of with this problem but I just might have missed other reports. One place on the mod that would be worth a good look before proceeding with a board change and that would be the cell's positive contact. I'm talking about the one in the mod with the black plastic. It would be fairly easy for liquid to get in there and fairly easy to check.

billet-box-rpg-rev4b-dna60-bs-billet-box-vapor.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the response  :)  I'm fairly certain this isn't a liquid damage issue, I'v had several DNA's die from that before & it's usually via the USB, the boards are quite resilient to Liquid accept for the USB port.  My BB is an older one with no USB.

Like I said I had a Good Look around inside. No evidence of enough liquid to do any damage.

Is there a point/s on the board were I could check with a Multi Meter to see if it was drawing at idle when it shouldn't be?