Field - General - Profile - Set Specific profile?

Hi, 

Making my own theme and just wondering if there is a way for the profile field to default to a specific profile, so I can make my own screen for my 3 preferred profiles. 

It is possible to set profile read-only so it's not a problem, but I just can't find a way to define a profile for a specific screen.

Thanks for reading

I'm not sure how to edit my post so I put it just here. I know it was not clear what I want but here is a pic.

I want this screen where the profile always Profile 1 on the top left regardless if I use another profile on another screen

profile.png.fef2b166a41852bf9bd90c4a7526b7d5.png.   

Edited by mrdidit

It would be possible to change the entire screen content by selecting a profile - but this is very complex. Another way would be to assign specific screens to the profiles and to design the jump commands accordingly - also very complex.

In any case, the way is by choosing a profile and then designing the screen, never the other way around. The profile is the variable that triggers an action.

23 hours ago, gwyar said:

Another way would be to assign specific screens to the profiles and to design the jump commands accordingly - also very complex.

I don't mind if the profile will trigger the action. The only question left is it a command to do with escribe or do I need to do it in a 3rd party app?

Cheers for answering, tho.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:04 AM, gwyar said:

picture

Hi,

Thanks for coming back. Yeah, I've tried this method but I couldn't make it work only if you use it on the Profile field readout. 

There is just one small gripe but it's not so bad. Actually, when you choose the desired Profile, you need to click select, and then select one more to trigger the action. Anyway, I love it. 

So the method is:

On the Main screen
Profile Field - Add condition

• Control: Field
  • Compare: General - Profile
  • Comparison: is equal to - Your desired Profile number 

On this condition (Profile = 2 in my case)

• Action - Go to - Another Screen - The screen you want to jump to

To go back to the Main screen

Profile Field - Add condition

• Control: Field
  • Compare: General - Profile
  • Comparison: is not equal to - Your desired Profile number 

On this condition (Profile ≠ 2 in my case)

• Action - Go to - Another Screen - Main screen

mainscreen.PNG

wv.PNG

Edited by mrdidit

The jump command to another screen is a good variant, even if the action is not immediately recognizable.

I myself stay in my themes, or the changes depending on profile, wire, mode, etc. in one screen, but it is considerably more complex and I often come across limitations regarding the maximum number of fields and / or conditions.

But even with layout changes within a screen, the fire button often has to be pressed so that the changes are visible.

9 minutes ago, gwyar said:

I myself stay in my themes, or the changes depending on profile, wire, mode, etc. in one screen, but it is considerably more complex and I often come across limitations regarding the maximum number of fields and / or conditions.

But even with layout changes within a screen, the fire button often has to be pressed so that the changes are visible.

My main idea was to separate temp and non-temp sensing materials on different screens because all those fields eat up some much space on the screen I could use for other useful stats to be visible.
Also, a few friends use my theme but they want just a basic screen for VW and I don't want to maintain 2 themes. 

Figured it's good you need to press fire once more otherwise you stuck in the selected mode. 

Cheers for all the help

• Like 1