Custom Theme that can't be changed??

bert69

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the DNA chip and I have a question; I bought a handmade mod with a DNA 75C chip, the modder installed his own theme which he called V1.

As I hook up the mod to the laptop and download with Escribe the settings, everything is correct as it is on my mod, so I made a copy in case something goes wrong.

I wanted to do the same with the Theme V1, but when I saved it and opened it again in the Theme Designer I noticed that the screens are not the same as on my mod.

Different Serialnumber and firmware version. Puffcounter on 42 puffs with 3x reset, I never resetted the puffcounter and it counts 6600 puffs, 12-hour clock while I have a 24-hour clock on my mod and so the list goes on.

I know that the mod and chip are brandnew. Is it possible for the modder to install a Theme on my mod that can't be changed or shown (or different shown) in the Theme Designer?

I only wanted to change the colour of the background and of some letters but I can't do that because he is showing me a different theme?

Anybody who can say something about this?

Thx.

Edited by bert69

After a couple of hours watching in Evolv/Theme Designer and a review over the DNA 75C, I think that my thinking was the otherway around. Sorry for the inconvience. I thnk I understand it now, at least lets hope so 😅

Edited by bert69

22 hours ago, bert69 said:

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the DNA chip and I have a question; I bought a handmade mod with a DNA 75C chip, the modder installed his own theme which he called V1.

As I hook up the mod to the laptop and download with Escribe the settings, everything is correct as it is on my mod, so I made a copy in case something goes wrong.

I wanted to do the same with the Theme V1, but when I saved it and opened it again in the Theme Designer I noticed that the screens are not the same as on my mod.

Different Serialnumber and firmware version. Puffcounter on 42 puffs with 3x reset, I never resetted the puffcounter and it counts 6600 puffs, 12-hour clock while I have a 24-hour clock on my mod and so the list goes on.

I know that the mod and chip are brandnew. Is it possible for the modder to install a Theme on my mod that can't be changed or shown (or different shown) in the Theme Designer?

I only wanted to change the colour of the background and of some letters but I can't do that because he is showing me a different theme?

Anybody who can say something about this?

Thx.

Bert69,

When you open a theme the fields you mention above are not downloaded from your mod. The fields displayed are the default controls. When you load the theme onto the mod Theme Designer downloads the settings you are concerned about and integrates them into the theme and uploads the theme and your mods settings to the mod.

Not to worry. You can make any changes you would like to the theme. It will change just the theme appearance and make no changes to the mod.

While you are editing the only thing that automatically changes are the time and date. The reason the theme shows a different clock (12hr) is that it is the default control view. It will display the clock settings you choose on the mod after uploading the theme.

Hope this helps.....JT

To add: Themes can not be copy protected.

Edited by Jetro
to add:
  • Like 1