Max Output Voltage on the Triade 250C ?

Lanzarotechris

Hi Guys,

I was visiting the SmokerStore Shop in Dortmund yesterday (very nice and competent stuff working there) and we talked about some things.

When I mentioned that I am experimenting at the moment with high ohms coils the guy behind the counter told me, that the general problem would be the max Output Voltage comming out of a regulated mod.

As the manual (of the 250C chip) is not really going into details (it only says in general min. Output Voltage 0.2 Volts max. 10.0 Volts, but that (I guess) would be in a 4 batteries setting).

So I searched this forum (and online) and I could not find a definitive answer to my question, which is the max Voltage output of the (triple battery) Triade, (and maybe also the dual battery old Therion 75).

For example:

I like to build a 1.3Ω single coil with a standard 26AWG/0.4mm Kanthal A1 wire, ID=3mm, so steam engine calculates 9 wraps, and a mod setting of 28 Watts with a Voltage of 6.1 V.

Can the Triade deliver the 6.1 V or what is the max possible Voltage limit ? Would be nice to know because if there is a limit to it it would rule out some other builds if the mod can not deliver.

As always, thanks for your help in advance !

PS: If you know the limits of the old (not-c) therion 75, I would be interested in that value too ! As it would make sense to vape a high ohm coil on a small 75 W (2 battery) mod, as only +-20 W are needed, for example with a Flash-e-Vapor atty.

Also if there is a way to calculate the value, pls enlighten me... (at least from the manual it could not be the voltage of the batteries x number of batteries, as that would give the max Output Voltage of the DNA250C with 4 x 4.2 V a higher value as the mentioned 10.0 V)

• 1 month later...