Two DNA200 Boards Dead?

TEKWRX

I've got two DNA200 boards, and I can't get either one to work. They both were in working mods bought around 2-3 years ago. One was in a Hcigar VT200 and it stopped charging via USB, so when the battery died it just sat on the shelf. I planned to buy a replacement battery for it but never got around because I had other mods to use. The other is from a Wismec Reuleaux (1st release) and on that one, the battery sled cracked and again I plnned to rebuild it, but never got around to it.   Now, I'm down to one mod (Kanger Drip Box) and I've been having issues with it, so I thought it was time to rebuild my DNA devices because I do miss the vape quality they gave. 

However, after buying a pair of new LiPo packs, I cannot get either board to power up or be detected by my PC/Escribe.  What are some initial troubleshooting steps I should do? I find it odd that neither board will respond or power up. I had wanted to get one of these working before I leave in a Christmas trip, but I don't see that happening now :( 

20181219_150934.jpg

20181219_151002.jpg

20181219_151118.jpg

26 minutes ago, retird said:

Did you just plug in the battery and not plug in the balancing plug/wires?  Sure that your USB cable is a data cable?

Yes, I plugged in all the wires. I've also tried two different USB cables. I can try some others, but I'm concerned that neither board will power up on it's own without USB. I check the cell voltage with my multimeter, and each one is over 3.7v so they should be charged enough to turn on the DNA. I do have a dedicated LiPo charger coming from Amazon tomorrow so I can verify the packs are charged, but I don't know what else to do. Would sitting around unused for almost two years cause something on the board to fail? What about the fuse I keep reading about? How to tell if that is tripped? Visually they look ok...

If the boards worked when you removed them then setting on the shelf won't damage them.   They are way out of warranty but you might start a ticket with Evolv anyway. Explain and give the pictures to them.  They may have some 200 boards left but they have not sold them for awhile now. They may help you or maybe sell you a couple boards????