Replay Warmth Option - some checks

ArminF

Hey, 

did use a 0.5 Pod and connected it to the device monitor. Reset the mod to default so 8 Watt and 6 Boost which i reduced to 5. 
Another change was the Replay Warmth Option from 5 to 6.
Here are 2 pictures from the monitoring.

Without Replay the mod starts to boost und goes down to the wattage which was selected. As soon as Replay is activated the device boost and the pulses with the value you set on warmth option.
Does not matter what maximum selection you made on the settings tab. it can be even double as much wattage as you set before. 
The curve from replay keeps the coil and so the flavour on a higher or minimum the same wattage you set on the DL/MTL settings.
If the coil is cold it even went up to  18 Watt in replay together with the boost which was around 11 or 12. So 8 + 5 + Warmth Option 6 = 19 Watt  it looks like. 

With this your vape will of course get warmer but your coil gets more power and may burn the liquid into the coil. 

While the resistance kept pretty stable after heating the coil up. 

Monosnap 2018-11-28 17-22-28.png

Monosnap 2018-11-28 17-28-41.png

Set boost mode to Zero.  Kept warmth at 4.

Acted pretty the same in replay as in normal mode . First 4 curves.
Then activated boost mode with 4 and kept warmth with 4. 
Mod used Boost and Warmth option in Replay when fired and felt down as the resistance went up.
Nearly a TC Mod with Boost. And as a bonus a pulsing to keep the vape warmer by using more wattage then set on the settings of the mod.

Depending on the warmth value your coil can get up to the tripple amount of wattage that you set at the beginning. So boost and wattage.  
And will stay over the limits when the pulse comes into effect.

Device Monitor - Orion_Black_Armin 2018-11-28 17-55-06.png

The warmth option together with the replay is really a cool feature which i do like.

Takes from my view a bit more energy but delivers the vape "warmness" you like and  can be set on your taste.
I drew a line from the "normal" 8 Watt settings and compared it against the warmth factor which pulses the device with higher wattage.

Plus the feature to save you against dry hits. 

Now i just need to figure out how i can keep my custard from branding to fast into the coils and wick... Another challenge..

Lost Vape Orion Pod Mod - Seite 7 - Neueste Geräte auf dem Markt - Das Dampferforum zu E-Zigaretten, Liquid und Mods 2018-11-28 20-08-10.png

• 1 month later...

Boost is the first hit the coil will take when it comes to wattage.  You can name it "pre heat" as well.

So you coil will reach its destination heat faster and you will get the set wattage from the beginning of you draw. 

Replay is a feature which copies your last draw. Like a monitor which records your last draw. If you like it you can tell the device to provide you all the time with the same draw you liked.
Plus you can use the warmth option to get more nuances of the liquid out.

Recommendations are hard to set as every taste and style is different. So say 12 watt it enough others do push it onto 40 watt.
Connect your device to escribe and setup different profiles. Then you are able to select the ones which fits you best and later activate replay when you find your perfect draw.

Thanks alot for ur reply what do u mean by this 

Plus you can use the warmth option to get more nuances of the liquid out.

and if i want to use the 0.5 coil as direct lung i have to go to escribe and press the direct lung botton ?

Sorry for these stupid questions but i got one and just used the preloaded settings and burnt my 0.25 ohm coil in 2 days using normal nicotine 12 mg 70 pg 30 vg so i m really stucked i feel it harsh so i lowered the direct lung now using the 0.25 ohm to 9 boost 3 so it will be good if u tell me ur recomended setting i just need a flavour and the pod lasts me atleast one week .thanks

I can just tell you my discoveries and feeling i made with the Orion. Is is not for MTL as the pods do miss some design changes to cover the MTL settings.

A coils burns when the liquid transport is broken and or the heat is too high.  Reduce heat/wattage and open the airflow to a minimum to 60%. 
You can also try to unscrew the tank cap and wait a minute then put it back on. If the next draw is good you have a liquid transport problem.

Also create a profile with less wattage and no boost and start using this at the beginning when you put a new pod in. 
Later you can switch to a profile with more wattage and boost. 

Start with 8 watt no boost no warmth
later maybe 9 watt 2 boost 2 warmth

and so on. You need to try. And yes it will cost pods.

I will take a while and some pods until you find your settings. Took me a while as well. 
Also your liquids plays a big importance. Clear liquids will last longer as creamy, nut, custards.

The Pods using the same wire and wraps. The 0.25 is parallel build and the 0.5 has a single build. So you can use actually the same settings on both of them.
It is not nicotine related as more the flavors in your liquid.

5 hours ago, ArminF said:

I can just tell you my discoveries and feeling i made with the Orion. Is is not for MTL as the pods do miss some design changes to cover the MTL settings.

A coils burns when the liquid transport is broken and or the heat is too high.  Reduce heat/wattage and open the airflow to a minimum to 60%. 
You can also try to unscrew the tank cap and wait a minute then put it back on. If the next draw is good you have a liquid transport problem.

Also create a profile with less wattage and no boost and start using this at the beginning when you put a new pod in. 

I will take a while and some pods until you find your settings. Took me a while as well. 
Also your liquids plays a big importance. Clear liquids will last longer as creamy, nut, custards.

The Pods using the same wire and wraps. The 0.25 is parallel build and the 0.5 has a single build. So you can use actually the same settings on both of them.

Thaks alot for  ur reply

9 hours ago, ArminF said:

I used the second 0.25ohm with boost 0 and watt 9and warmth 1 its fine now thanks alot.do u recomend using the replay button?if yes what will happen if raised the warm to 3?