Need Ni200 30AWG advice.

Portable Life

Hi everyone,

I've been smoke free for  more than 8 months now. I have no plans going back, vaping is just great. When I first tried vaping the market was full of those sticks and tubes like Vamo  V3 etc. I did not like  that and it was not good  enough to keep me away from analogs.

Wanted to try again but the end of  the 2017 was different, there are  like million mods out  there.  The market is now so saturated. I ended up  buying more than 60 different mods  (I love tech gadgets.)  But to be honest, more than half  of them are  junk. I got 12  Joyetech/Wismec mods, none of them can do temp control. Even when in power mode, all the mods read the resistance differently for the same atomizer. Good designs but the hardware is a no go.

Vaporesso  and Aspire mods are good in TC  but I like Escribe and ecigstats.  So its was  time to get the 75C out from the box  again.

I tried the iSub SS316L prebuilt coils from Innokin with the 75C but it was not that good. The power drops too fast and does not want to go back  up, so the vapor production is weak.

Instead  of messing with those prebuilt coils thought I could pull out my Kayfun Prime again and use the NI200 wire and build one myself.

My Ni200  coils are premade  30AWG 0.3Ohm coils. They look like micro coils and are connected.  So many people  here say  that  its best to keep the coils  spaced  for TC. Should I leave it  as  it is or make it spaced? I want to use it for MTL.

I have around 20 premade  Ni200   coils in total. I want to use these first and move to titanium.

Thanks for your advice.

Thank you.

I'll try spaced first. I believe you have been TC vaping for a long time. Do  you prefer Ni200 or titanium?

Also, the summer days are gone and late night walks are getting chilly.  When you first install your new coil and set  it up at room temperature does  it work well in cold?` Let's say the temperature outside drops to 40F  (way below the room temp when you set it up.) High VG or any liquid  will get  pretty thick.

Non TC or  power mode will make that cotton burn.  Can our DNA devices see that? Do you just keep the fire button down in TC mode and let it do its thing?   Eventually it should warm up  the liquid too, to make it flow/wick again.   At the beginning of the year I  was running all my gear in power  mode and it was not  so pleasant. "Puff-puff-burn" throw the coil  away. 

I never had to lock the resistance. Everything has been working fine when using SS316. When is it  needed to lock the resistance?

Edited by Portable Life

3 years ago I started with Ni and Ti on a crappy Ego One Mega tank. Now I only used Ni as a reference for other wires. Ohms out too low for me. I primarly use Ti and SS316L or SS430.

1 hour ago, Portable Life said:

When you first install your new coil and set  it up at room temperature does  it work well in cold?` Let's say the temperature outside drops to 40F  (way below the room temp when you set it up.) High VG or any liquid  will get  pretty thick.

Funny, not funny question. If I'm continually going in and out I'll lock the resistance, otherwise not. There is a board temp sensor, but the mod is mainly kept in an interior pocket. No issues for me in cold with 70VG juice

And when is the best time to resample the resistance and leave it?

When I installed the coil the resistance was 0.276. After  I put some cotton in, the resistance was the same.

After a few drops  of  juice  on the coil the resistance dropped  to 0.254

Then I put the tank on the coil and to  be sure that the wire is not touching the chimney measured  again. Still 0.254

Then filled the tank and took 3-4  puffs. It hits  hard I have to say. Just to be on the safe side I started from 350F (15W power limit.)

After those 3-4  puffs I left it untouched for 10  minutes.  Now   the resistance reads 0.211

Edited by Portable Life