Replay not working

Kato Man

• 2 weeks later...

Facing the same issue on my Triade 250c, tried my Smok Prince rba, DJV rda and the Drop Dead rda with the clapton SS coils, none gave me the option to save puff, i've downloaded the software, updated the device, hard reboot...did everything i found on the forum and still i couldn't solve this! 

Very frustrating.

8 minutes ago, memo83 said:

🙂 yes i had it checked.

Everything looks fine in escribe

OK last thought,  clean the 510 connector on the mod and check the 510   centre pin of the RDA  to make sure it is tight. I have found they have a habit of coming a bit loose which will stop replay but it will still fire

34 minutes ago, clivy said:

Everything looks fine in escribe

OK last thought,  clean the 510 connector on the mod and check the 510   centre pin of the RDA  to make sure it is tight. I have found they have a habit of coming a bit loose which will stop replay but it will still fire

No dice 🙁, i checked, but even if it was a loose connection it would have either got  some type of an error message or notice it on resistance  or something.

i don't think i have a faulty mod cz 'm not facing any other issues reported or unreported, there is something i'm missing but i'm new to this thing so i'm playing a guessing game here.

i just hope it's bug or software related issue and will be fixed at some point.

thanks for trying to help anyway.

25 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Use Device Monitor to check to make sure the wire's resistance changes from cold to hot.

resistance change.JPG

Kanthal and Nichrome will have the resistance stay the same as cold when heated, Replay will not work without the change taking place.

hah, you are right, it's staying the same! as i said i'm kinda new to this "on the technical level", does that mean my coils are not SS or is it something else?

snip_20180915163720.png

5 hours ago, Kato Man said:

But I bought mine from vandy vape,  does it mean i have to use straight SS ? Cuz my Coil is mixed up with Kanthal and SS 316L

Try this it may help

in escribe go to MOD tab

Under the SAFETY tab if you  see replay and "restrict to viable coils"  change this to the other setting "allow on dubious coils"

If that doesnt fix it then replay cant read the SS wire resistance variation and you will have to use straight SS coils

TC wire must be used as the board must see a resistance change on the coil from cold to hot for replay to be able to function. So Kanthal and Nichrome  will not work as the resistance stays the same from cold to hot.

Note: a Clapton coil for example with a TC core wrapped with Nichrome should do reply just fine.

• Like 1