DNA 250c won't charge with 2amp blocks

Jaycristo80

I recently got a device with a 250c board.  It appears that when using a 2amp charging block, I am using an Anker, the mod won't charge. The icon will change to charging for a second, but then stop.  If I use a typically 1 amp wall charger, it charges fine.  Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed to allow for 2amp charging?

I'd suggest getting a USB volt/ammeter and checking that charger.  I charge a 250C on a 2 amp per port, 8 amps total, charger and have no problems at all.  It is possible that the Anker charger is either "bogging" down under the load or, perhaps, losing regulation which the 250C finds "unacceptable".

USB cables are also a factor when going to higher outputs. Though in this case an under rated 1amp cable should still charge the mod, just at the slower rate.  Worth trying another cable assuming you have a 2amp high data rate one? You may have tried this already. I don’t own this model mod, but have a few 2amp mods. 

Thanks. I have tried a few different cables and a few different power bricks. Even with the cable and brick that came with the mod, it won’t charge unless I use an old 1 amp charger. I just found it strange that the charging icon goes on for a second, goes off, comes back on and just repeats this and never charges. I was hoping it was just a setting I missed.