Rebel Vape Theme

Hi Brady M, I too have a Rebel, you can only realise how good these mods are by having one....light, solid, ergonomic, scratch proof so you don't have to worry...game changer in my hubble opinion ...I use the DJLsb Theme modded to include Replay and the option to switch out the default display to a colour of my choosing ...only problem is they all work really well with black so I am always spoiled for choice...I think greens a winner on my Ally black sqounker.

20180717_231034.jpg

On 7/20/2018 at 4:52 PM, Stepladder said:

Hi Brady M, I too have a Rebel, you can only realise how good these mods are by having one....light, solid, ergonomic, scratch proof so you don't have to worry...game changer in my hubble opinion ...I use the DJLsb Theme modded to include Replay and the option to switch out the default display to a colour of my choosing ...only problem is they all work really well with black so I am always spoiled for choice...I think greens a winner on my Ally black sqounker.

Hey mind breaking down for me what are the benefits of those mod? Don't get me wrong, they don't look too shabby - but they seem bulkier than my aluminium case mod and they are fully 3D printed?

Furthermore what do you mean by scratch resistant? Judging by the looks the mods are 3D printed from the plastic materials so should be susceptible to scratches (although  even if it gets scratched you should see other black material below)? How do you think it compares in durability to an anodized aluminium mod?

Edited by engmia
  • Like 1

Size wise mine is smaller than a Therion apart from the width which is slightly wider but I think (for me at least) makes the mod more ergonomic...I previously owned 2x Paranormals, and 2x Therion all which I sold because I didn't like using them after having the pleasure of using the Rebel...they felt heavier and prone to damage so was always conscious of not putting them in pockets containing keys or sitting them down on concrete for fear of scratching them...3D printed mods are a different ball game all together as they are made from nylon which make they durable. (Extremely light but solid) Also the Ally black version from Rebel is a solid black so if you did scratch you don't notice them. I happened to be tipped off about them whilst watching Jai Haze review. Hope that clarifies my gush fest.

20180722_191543.jpg

Edited by Stepladder

22 hours ago, Stepladder said:

Size wise mine is smaller than a Therion apart from the width which is slightly wider but I think (for me at least) makes the mod more ergonomic...I previously owned 2x Paranormals, and 2x Therion all which I sold because I didn't like using them after having the pleasure of using the Rebel...they felt heavier and prone to damage so was always conscious of not putting them in pockets containing keys or sitting them down on concrete for fear of scratching them...3D printed mods are a different ball game all together as they are made from nylon which make they durable. (Extremely light but solid) Also the Ally black version from Rebel is a solid black so if you did scratch you don't notice them. I happened to be tipped off about them whilst watching Jai Haze review. Hope that clarifies my gush fest. 

Thank you for the clarification!

• Thanks 1

No worries....I forgot to mention my mod is far from perfect, but Ive learnt to live with its quirks as pros outweigh the cons (for me at least). If you can afford one I say go for it I doubt you'd be disappointed (tho I could be wrong and probably am). Happy vaping 🙂

18 hours ago, Stepladder said:

No worries....I forgot to mention my mod is far from perfect, but Ive learnt to live with its quirks as pros outweigh the cons (for me at least). If you can afford one I say go for it I doubt you'd be disappointed (tho I could be wrong and probably am). Happy vaping 🙂

Oh I do already own a DNA 40, DNA 75 and a DNA75C chip (VaporShark, DIY Aluminium box mod and LostVape Mirage), and I have always recommended them with the words "there are cheaper option, but believe me it's well worth the money". I'm not a big fan of plastic and definitely prefer the feel of aluminium mods, especially considering that you hold them for most of the time. However I haven't gotten the chance to experience good 3D print in person, so I was curious at the benefits/downsides since I have toyed with the idea of custom 3D printed enclosure. I actually like the extra weight of the aluminium so I'm not sure that 3D printing is my cup of tea, but definitely a curious area.

The less demanding enclosure (and the ease of 3D printing of course) is the biggest benefit which I see. Like you, I keep my aluminium mods separate from keys and coins so they don't start getting scratched up. You could easily leave this on concrete and all kinds of surfaces without thinking twice (not that I wouldn't leave my aluminium mod on concrete, but I would be more careful with the dragging). Then again, I'm already used to keeping my mod in a separate pocket.

In general I want to build another custom DNA75C, but with a more specifically designed enclosure, so I'm looking for the best options.

Edited by engmia
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you want to know about durability of 3d printed nylon heres a picture of my boxer mod thats been in daily use for 2.5 years, its faded was black. Most of them are printed in white and dyed. The ally black one above is actually printed in black nylon, i think they also do a grey solid colour the rest are dyed. Boxer and Rebel are made by the same process, i think its sla 3d print.

IMG_20180923_075030.jpg