Places to buy DNA 250c Enclosures for custom builds

shroomalistic

Im looking around trying to find a good place to buy a dna 250c kit.  My lost Vapes efusion dna 200 was stolen and now irreplaceable which makes me very sad.  On top of all of that in the same week my back up mods,  hcigar vt200 died,  the board fried.  My wismec rx2/3 blew up,  and my wismec rx200 died.  

I purchased a vaporshark dna 250 but the battery life is killing me.   I also purchased from fasttech, a lost vapes paranormal 250c but I hate 18650 batteries but I figured it would make a good back up.  

I want to build a dna 250c with a large 3s 2800mah or bigger battery but Ive only found one place that sells a kit so far and thats http://dripp3d.com/LARGE-DNA-CURVE-CNC-Anodized-Aluminum-Enclosure/  ,  Ive also looked at http://analogboxmods.ca but the largest battery for them is a 1500mah.  

Do you guys no of any where else?  Ive seen some on ebay but the price is $300 plus and that way out of my range after buying the vaporshark and the paranormal.  

I really just want my efusion back but they are no longer made so I figured I could make something similar.  Red anodized aluminum,  flush stainless steel 510 and buttons but have the upgraded 250c board and larger battery.  I could care less about the carbon fiber sides.  

Sad thing is I saw who took it on our security cams at work but because the camera is blurry and you cant physically see it in her hand I cant do or say anything,  plus im her boss and that can cause problems if I accuse her.  Also had my aromamizer supreme v1 which are gone now too and a dotmot drip tip that matched that are no longer made either.  I had that setup for year and it was a birthday present like 3 or 4 years ago and was still going strong.  But what ever theres nothing I can do.

RIP Efusion,  I hope it takes a crap now.

https://www.elementvape.com/lost-vape-efusion-dna200-tc-box-mod?enter=true

I used that box, and battery, ati board holder with drill template, and some m1.6x12mm screws and nuts from the hardware store. Lots of guys glue their board holders, but that makes it super hard if the screen dies. I used a tactile switch that came in a 12 pack from the local hobby store, they were in the arduino stuff for $3.99. I ground out so it will hold 4s 1800. And I use dean's t- connectors since my rc stuff uses them. Also grabbed my board from ati

0416181046.thumb.jpg.1105839bdb8c825613c340619ae796f5.jpg0409180647a.thumb.jpg.8eb2bc1466b11294c9111fadea9e89cb.jpg

Edited by 67exec

So if i did just go with a 3s lipo would i need to use an adapter for the jst?  Im kinda digging the look of the dripp3d large curved box.

I prolly wont be building for another month or so.  So i can either buy a kit or buy peices at a time on ebay.

Edited by shroomalistic

The 250c won't work in that enclosure, and that Maxamps 2800 is closer to 1800mah, and voltage sag is terrible. Based on previous experience, the Maxamps will have 19wh-21wh total capacity vs a decent 4s 1600mah will be 22wh-24wh.

If you are dead set on 3s, I would buy a 5pin jst connectorLike this.  Then wire it like this except only jump pins 4 and 5 together instead of jumping 3 to 4, then 4 to 5 since I was using an old 2s batt I had laying around. Then if you do anything other than 4s, it Will show low battery until you set it as 2s or 3s with escribe.0322182347.thumb.jpg.0ee3c3ba514dfdefd9f60bcea8f61de5.jpg

0322182347b.thumb.jpg.ab8848df7040d03be2c374c86dc9fa64.jpg

Edited by 67exec
Added a photo
  • Thanks 1

Luckily i have time to contemplate my decision. 

B style box,  i can go red and get something close to what i lost,  Decent battery, can upgrade from my aromamizer supreme v1 that was also lost to an aromamizer  plus.  A 4s 1600 is definitly gonna last longer then the 3s 1300 that was in the efusion.

Or

N1 style box, Titan or voltrov tank,  huge battery but beastly size. 

Anyone find a pic of a n1 box with a voltrov or titan on it?  Is there any over hang?

ok so the N1 isnt a complete monstrosity.  I just got my supreme V2 and got it all wicked up on my vaporshark.  Much happier with it over my boreaus and more vapor production and flavor over my kylin mini.  My paranormal 250c should be here with in the next couple days so I can judge weather I like the 250c vs 250.

The Titan has way too much overhang for my liking on the N1.  So I will still be getting the plus or a scottua tank clone.  I saw a video with a scottua on a shorter B build and they look the part,  no over hang at all.  I really like this guys box its seems to be shorter 1590b and that tank is massive enough for me.

Im thinking with the DNA 250c the B or N1 will be amazing. 

Battery wise,  whats the max I could put in a GXL2 vs B.  So a 4s 1600  is comparable to  lets say 6400mah 18650?  is that how it works. 

Also, is there over hang with a 30mm atty on an ati B?  Do they drill the whole back far enough?

Once again,  thanks for all the help.  you guys are amazing.

Deal with a b and n1 vs gxl2 is that the top on the gxl2 is flat, where the other 2 Have the front and rear edges are rounded. Width wise all of these boxes will hold a 30mm atty. It appears that on the b and gxl2 l, the center of the 510 is exactly 15.5mm from the front and both sides. 30mm atty on the b gives the appearance of a front overhang even though it's .5mm from the edge. Of that makes any sense

• 2 weeks later...

So I chose the red b box over the gxl2 just for little extra space inside.  So far I have the 510, fire button and box.  I have the Scottua clone and modfather clone on the way.    Next check will be the board and holder and maybe the battery.   When I go with an n1 box it’s gonna be an nlpwm with a voltrov.   The gxl2 looks awesome but I couldn’t find it in red and after looking at build it seemed a little tight with the 1600 4s in their