Coils

Effintreyy

What are some recommended coils for the 75c? So far I have tried the fused Clapton’s and tiger coils. I have really enjoyed them both. I am currently on some juggernauts and I cant tell if it’s cause they’re wrapped smaller than normal but they keep burning my cotton after a few puffs. They’re made of kanthol and I have my watts turned down to 30. Any lower and it seems to not hit well. I’ve tried adding wraps To Them to increase the ohms to .38 but keep burning my cotton in half. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s the coils but wanted to see what others thought on some different coils that are good for flavor? Thanks in advance!

If you are using pre-made China coils like Juggernauts they don't work well I have a bunch of them. I have used Staplestaggerton, Staple coils no problem. What ID is the coils personally I like 3mm for everything if they fit? Ohmland coils are outstanding they are almost all I use. Have you tried less cotton?

Yes I have tried less cotton and feel it still burns?  I braided some cotton last night and so far it is still holding in there. I feel like these might be 2mm maybe 2.5 but I’m like you and prefer 3 mm. I am not sure if these are from China or not I bought them at a vape shop when I was out of town. But they very well could be. Is it the  kanthol that’s burning so hot making them burn in half so you think?  What is your preferred metal?  I will see if I can find some ohmland coils and give them a try thanks!

Try some stainless steel fused claptons! Temp control with some nice coils is bliss.

I was using 0.11 fused claptons, 26awg stainless 316L with 38awg nichrome wrap to start off with, however I much prefer my second build: 0.25 fused claptons, board doesn't need to work as hard - bit more battery friendly. 28awg stainless 316L with 40awg kanthal wrap.

3.0mm ID for both builds.

Edited by ruckus

If they are 2-2.5mm that's your problem it's too small for coils like that. Single wire ok for 2-2.5mm, complex coils no it's hot. Vape shop coils they probably are the mass produced China ones.  Try to expand them to 3mm on a rod.It's not the type of wire it's the ID size v mass of the coil. You can get Ohmland on their website. I use prefer SS (I like TC sometimes) but use anything. 

Yes rukus I have tried them and I really enjoyed them.  I do like to use the SS as well with the temp control. Honestly I bought these and didn’t know what A1 was till a day or so later when I looked it up after I noticed running it in my SS profile was tearing through my cottons.  Do y’all use dual coils or single? When I use dual it kills my batteries so fast I’ve been using single. Thanks for the advice!

11 hours ago, Effintreyy said:

Yes rukus I have tried them and I really enjoyed them.  I do like to use the SS as well with the temp control. Honestly I bought these and didn’t know what A1 was till a day or so later when I looked it up after I noticed running it in my SS profile was tearing through my cottons.  Do y’all use dual coils or single? When I use dual it kills my batteries so fast I’ve been using single. Thanks for the advice!

I use dual coils, although don't think of dual coils as battery drainers tho!

The larger the coil generally the more power you need to apply to ramp it up... You want to find a happy medium with the mass of your coils regardless if your running dual or single.

If your purchasing coils online you obviously don't have as many options.. I encourage you to look into building your own coils so you can tailor the experience to your use.

My mod runs off two 20700's so battery life isn't really a issue or a priority, so I have the freedom to build slightly larger coils that require more power.. In saying that tho, I generally don't because I don't necessarily like a hot vape. However in my mech mods that run off a single 18650 I build very low mass coils to ensure I don't hammer the battery life.

I guess what I'm trying to say is a perfect build doesn't exist.. you need to figure out what works for you.