Power mode dropping to 1-2W max. output with Kayfun Prime atomizer

brokz

Hello,

I've been having a problem with Kayfun Prime in combination with DNA 75 (SMY SDNA75 box). 

When in power mode, as soon as I hit the fire button, the output starts normally but instantly drops down to 1-2 watts and remains there until I release it. After pressing again, the power starts from where it has been set (for example, at 23W) and then immediately drops back to 1-2W. I've changed the coil and the issue has remained the same.

Interestingly enough, the same tank is properly read and fired by my cheaper VTC mini mods. 

Not only that, but the DNA75 mod seems to be able to work normally with this tank when in TEMP CONTROL mode. I can still feel the output dropping on occasion, but at least there is steady power most of the time.

Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this problem? I presume it's the 510 pin of the Kayfun Prime being too short. But un-screwing the pin can lead to a very wobbly atomizer base and further problems with reading resistance. Is there way to tweak the settings on the DNA chip in this scenario so that steady power gets output to the tank in power mode?

I own about 20 atomizers and none of them have reacted in such a way. Usually, if resistance is not read properly, I get different glitches (like temperature  showing 6-7 digit numbers such as 9528412C or w/e) or the mod will refuse to fire the tank at all. In this case it shows NO indication of resistance being badly read, or of bad connection. It just doesn't fire at full power no matter what I do. 

BTW, I am using fresh and fully-charged VTC6 batteries, which work perfectly fine in all of my mods. 

Anyway, thank you for reading and for any potential advice!

Best Regards

Using Device Monitor in Escribe will be most helpful  in determining if your 510 connection is sound. Depending on the wire used used you can see the increase in ohms when firing. Check the cold ohm and live ohm boxes.

Atomizer analyzer can be helpful with this as well, note just how easily the the connection is lost when unscrewing the atomiser. 

• Like 1

Well, nothing seems out of the ordinary in Escribe. Ohms seem as stable as with other tanks that function without any issues. 

I have to unscrew quite a bit before it loses connection fully. 

Now the power cuts down to about 10W from 20W that are set. Something very specific is going on and I can't understand what it is.

Even with fluctuating ohms I have had no problems using power mode in the past.

Regardless, it is more likely that the tank is at fault here as other complaints can be found about it. 

26 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Have you tried it on a temp wire profile with temp turned off? Easy enough to try.

Thank you so much! This seems to have completely resolved my issue. 

It is more than interesting to observe how virtually all of my tanks have worked normally in Power Mode with this DNA chip so far. This is the very first case where I have had to create such a profile for an SS coil.

Regardless, thanks again! I was close to accepting the idea that I will have to use Kayfun Prime with a non-DNA mod exclusively. 

Best Regards

• Like 1