LED switch

Neilshaw1980

I've been keeping an eye out for RGB led switches, I think that would be your best bet and just piggy back off the onboard LED.

Would allow the RGB switch to be configurable via escribe also.

Only problem is RGB momentary switches are a dime in a dozen.. haven't found many sizes beside a 16mm.

EDIT: If anyone has a DNA250C could you take some close up photo's of the LED ?

Edited by ruckus
monkey nuts

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ruckus said:

I identified the pins, couldn't find a switch suitable for the job. The RGB switches are just to large and bulky..

i was wondering if i can draw something around 340 ma of current from one of those pins without any magic smoke apering. It works in the regular 250 board but the driving components might be diffrent.

it´s a little work, but you could just take a normal led switch and replace the led with a smaller rgb, like the one on the board. 

2 minutes ago, forslind94 said:

i was wondering if i can draw something around 340 ma of current from one of those pins without any magic smoke apering. It works in the regular 250 board but the driving components might be diffrent.

it´s a little work, but you could just take a normal led switch and replace the led with a smaller rgb, like the one on the board. 

A lot of the LED switches are sealed tho.. at least the ones I have on hand, not sure how you would replace the LED.

I have attached the data sheet for the RGB should find what your looking for in there..

After it was all said and done, I didn't find it worth the effort, pushed on and put together my mod.

LTST-C19HE1WT.pdf

11 minutes ago, ruckus said:

A lot of the LED switches are sealed tho.. at least the ones I have on hand, not sure how you would replace the LED.

I have attached the data sheet for the RGB should find what your looking for in there..

After it was all said and done, I didn't find it worth the effort, pushed on and put together my mod.

LTST-C19HE1WT.pdf

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 6/27/2018 at 5:49 PM, forslind94 said:

got it to work :)

Red LED.png

Hi, are those 2V @20mA led?

Because i'm looking to make a mod on my Thelema DNA 250C with 2V @20mA LED and if it is the case, i think you just solved my issue about powering them :D

p.s. you said you have 24 of them, if i only use like 6-10 led, will it change anything? like will it send too much Amp to the led or should it be fine?

(i'm not really knowledgeable with Electricity, but i am good with my hands so i'm always looking for a way to do some cool mod on my electronic device :D)