DNA40 Ni200 resistance vs wattage

Odysseus

I want to pick the brains of the experienced temp control vapers who frequent here for answers. Please forgive me for posting this question in the DNA 200 forum, but since there is no DNA 40 forum, and I own both a DNA 200 (Lost Vape Efussion Duo) and a DNA 250 (Lost Vape Paranormal 166), this is the forum I read most often.

I've got a Vaporshark S-Body Macro DNA40 that I've owned for a couple of years, but have never used in temp control mode. I love its compact size, which allows me to quickly conceal in my pocket at work, whenever I'm with customers (I'm an Auto Salesman). This also makes it my go to mod whenever I'm out about.

After trying many different tank and coil combos when I first got into sub-ohm vaping nearly 2 years ago, I discovered the Tobeco Super Tanks. I own and use exclusively a 25mm, 3 minis, and recently purchased 2 nanos to use on my DNA40. I currently use them all with Vaporesso cCell 0.5 ohm SS 316 ceramic coils. I love their flavor and satisfying vapor production that can be achieved with modest wattage (25-35 watts). As an added bonus I've found these tanks never leak a drop of juice into my pockets, which is important when required to wear expensive suits at work.

After much experimentation I customized a TCR setting that allows me to temp control them with my two newer, more powerful, DNA mods, and use in wattage mode on my old S-Body Macro. When I was experimenting with different coils I really liked the vape I got out of the 0.5 ohm Tobeco coils on my higher powered mods (in wattage mode), but the vapor production and flavor was anemic on my underpowered DNA40, which is another reason why I've been using the Vaporesso coils. I also tried various Aspire Atlantis style coils, but found them lacking and more geared towards MTL vapers. That said, I'd like to be able to use my Super Tank Nanos in temp control mode on my S-Body Macro, so I can get the same consistent vape every time as I do with my larger DNA mods.

Which brings me to my question. I see now that Tobeco is offering 3 different temp control Ni200 coils for the Super Tank, in 0.1, 0.15, and 0.2 ohm resistance levels. Ideally, I'd like to see if one of these coils can be used to vape in temp control on my little underpowered S-Body Macro, but I don't completely understand how resistance affects the amount of wattage required to heat to a coil to a given temperature. Which of these three coil resistances will require less wattage to heat to a given temperature? In other words, does it take more or less wattage to heat a 0.1 ohm coil to lets say, 450 degrees, than a 0.2 ohm coil?

Whichever coil requires less wattage will be the one I purchase to experiment with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Odysseus

You are welcome.

On 2018-02-22 at 1:06 PM, Odysseus said:

allows me to temp control them with my two newer, more powerful, DNA mods, and use in wattage mode on my old S-Body Macro. When I was experimenting with different coils I really liked the vape I got out of the 0.5 ohm Tobeco coils on my higher powered mods (in wattage mode)

And you could use those with the Nickel setting on your 40 in TC.  Steam engine to the rescue again. Just below the top right. Click on equivalents.

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html#