Mod Resistance Issues

Fabian9988

I have a 3D printed mod that has an unusually high mod resistance and climbs in AA. Never seen this before all my other mods stay within 0.001 up and down. This one will climb 0.10-0.20 and is very unstable. I have cleaned all of the 510's and all of the wiring is snug and not broken. All tests were done with the same RDA and build.

Yes I was using AA to get the mod resistance. Using the same RDA and same 0.20 ohm build on 2 of my other DNA250 devices they were 0.004 and 0.006 and while in AA with the RDA attached the RAW ohms live field would stay within 0.001 up or down.  Now with the mod I am having issues with using the same RDA as before and same 0.20 ohm build it was showing the 0.20 ohm in the cold coil ohms, but in the RAW ohms live it would range from 0.386 - 0.405. It is a VT V2 510 with 14G wire running to the bottom of the 510 and to the ground plate. All connections are on snug and arent broken 

Edited by Fabian9988

4 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

RAW ohms live it would range from 0.386 - 0.405.   <<-- Yeah, AA will fire 1 watt intermittently, and that's where you might be seeing that jump.

Why do all my other DNA250 mods only jump up and down by 0.001 ohms when using the same RDA and build in the RAW ohms? I feel like since its a 3D printed box that the ground is just not as solid as the metal boxes. Even when I vape on it it jumps from 0.20 ohms, 0.21, 0.22, 0.23 and 0.24 everytime I push the fire button. While my other 2 mods stay right at 0.20 ohms. I don't vape in TC ever and I only use kanthal a1 wire. So it should not be jumping like say SS wire.

Well after work today I went ahead and took the mod apart and took all the 510 wires off. Removed all the solder, fluxed all the areas and used some new strips of wire and re-soldered all the 510 connections. So far so good. Coming in at 0.004 ohm mod resistance and no more ohms jumping all over when I press the fire button. Must have been a dirty, bad solder point or bad wire.

• Like 1