SINGLE 18650 MOD safe to USB charge? & What battery for these MODs?

I've read the reason you shouldn't charge via USB is because multiple (not single) batteries can be a problem for cheap chips (or anything besides the DNA basically). When we only had Ego Twists and stuff with a single internal battery, everyone USB charged and passthrough vaped with no worry. Or people just used an external because it was quicker.

Anyway for some reason I hate removing batteries and charging in an external, so I spend the extra $100 or whatever for DNA mods only after asking around about this.
I've been using a Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200 for over a year. Same 3 LG browns. Purposely never rotated them once for the test I knew I would eventually run. I tested the batteries about a year later with a $500 analog multi meter and a cheaper digital meter and they were all the exact same voltages at full charge. So yes I do trust the DNA chip to USB charge.

Side note - the sketchy mods (basically everything besides DNA if I'm not mistaken) which you shouldn't USB charge multiple cells with, if I'm not mistaken, they're also just as unsafe to vape on (dis-CHARGE batteries) because it's not balanced charging and therefore not balanced discharging which could lead to a difference too large in voltage between each of the multiple batteries and cause explosion etc. - but people think "just use an external charger and you'll be safe" even though vaping the thing is just as unsafe as USB charging it.

so anyway just noting that but my question is:
My Wismec Rolo triple 18650 is just too big... So I'm searching for a dual 18650 DNA 133W+ MOD (definitely getting DNA for the dual 18650), plus a single 18650/26650 MOD.

So does the single cell MOD have to be DNA if I'm going to safely USB charge it (and passthrough vape it)? I have no problem spending a little more for a DNA single 18650/26650 but I don't want to limit my choices to only DNA because I want that single cell MOD to be as compact as possible or maybe some other small feature that would make me maybe prefer a non-DNA MOD over a DNA one.

Last side note, I have read "in short' the reason you shouldn't USB charge is because e cigs get hot and heat can damage the chip that regulates safe charging (unlike a cell phone or something which is safe to USB charge however those are single-celled batteries anyway). And that some mods don't do this as good as others but that kind of sounds wrong. I mean I think the main thing is the exact balancing that the DNA does but others don't. Maybe some newer chips are just as safe as the DNA but I really trust the DNA and I'm sort of already familiar with escribe to change to max battery life vs max puffs or vice versa etc.

-----------------------------

And then I'm just gonna chime back in after this with VERY short question of which batteries I should get for how I vape with the 2 or 3 new MODS I'll be getting after learning your inputs on if I can safely USB charge a single 18650/26650 Non-DNA MOD. Thanks in advance.

pretty much solved this over here:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/ive-read-the-reason-you-shouldnt-charge-via-usb-is-because-multiple-not-single-batteries-can-be.844971/

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/single-18650-mod-safe-to-usb-charge-what-battery-for-these-mods.381595/

basically got mixed opinions on USB charging but I still think DNA is safe to. Both said USB should be safe if it's just 1 battery even if not a DNA, but that some single-cell MOD manuals still suggest using an external which complicates that but I might just get a DNA also for the single cell mod.

Also wanted to note, I posted how my DNA200 rolo triple 18650, how I purposely never rotated the cells and only ever USB charged it for about a year and then tested on a $500 analog multi meter (and cheap digital one) that all 3 cells read the exact same voltages after that but I vape low wattage (like 50W for .45 builds or .15 premade TFV8 octa coils). So also the '1st' cell in the mod might not be getting the brunt effect either since using a low wattage, but I still have to trust the DNA to usb charge if I end up using a bit more wattage or at least rotate the cells every couple days if I end up using high wattage but I don't think I'm about high watt vaping anyway. take care. thank you.