charge DNA 200 USB with dual 18650 batteries in PARALLEL?

vapesmooth234

I'll just link this from other forum. I figured I'd get info from DNA heads while I'm at it. THANK YOU

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/mod-with-replaceable-internal-battery.844881/

Anyway one last thing I was wondering, I saw this MOD says this

"
Lost Vape Therion DNA75C ($120)
Without doubt, the Lost Vape Therion is the most luxurious DNA75C mod out there.

The battery panels are genuine leather, and come in many different shades and styles. You can purchase the battery panels separately to refresh the look of the Therion when you need a change. The front panels are made out of wood. The body is zinc alloy.

Powered by dual 18650 batteries in paralel, this is the best DNA75C mod you can get. Although you can charge with USB, I recommend getting a Nitecore charger for safer balanced charging"

http://www.geekayvapes.com/dna-mods/

---------------------------------
I'm %100 not getting that MOD because I don't buy anything leather, but since it's parallel, does that mean %99.9 of other DNA dual 18650 mods are Series (or something else)?

All I'll wondering is, is there a certain battery configuration (series or parallel or something) I need to make sure of before I go charging whatever new DNA-chip MOD I get VIA the usb?

I charge a triple 18650 relaux DNA200 via usb for a year, same batteries, never rotated once and they were all the same voltages and it's indeed a safe charger. (I get xtar or nitecore 'safe' chargers for like $10 so it's not too good to be true that the DNA chip safely charges multiple cells also). What's hard to believe is the cheap RX etc chips can cause a dangerous discrepancy between the voltages not only if charged with USB but also discharged (when it's vaping and using battery life, it's almost just as unsafe).

I tested with $500 multimeter and digital meter that triple 18650 LG browns all have exact same voltage after a year or so of vaping them, never rotating, only ever USB charged them.

In short parallel batteries will always be at the same voltage so are safe to charge together with the same parameters used for charging a single cell.  If they are balanced each one will consume half the current. Series are the opposite: they will always be at the same current, but their voltage may vary depending on how well matched they are so monitoring the individual cell voltages is necessary.  I happily charge my Rolo and C1D2 via USB and using external chargers depending on what is more convenient at the time.

IMO rotating the position of batteries is rubbish, the only real reason would be if the cell in one position got a lot hotter than the others so aged a little quicker and I could only really see that happening in a dual battery hybrid mech where the top cell may get some heat from the atty, basically hogwash in the real world.

For me the best dual battery mod would be based on a DNA 250, a better board with much faster charging and far higher efficency.

thread solved. just wanted to add this about USB charging a DNA: I posted how my DNA200 rolo triple 18650, how I purposely never rotated the cells and only ever USB charged it for about a year and then tested on a $500 analog multi meter (and cheap digital one) that all 3 cells read the exact same voltages after that but I vape low wattage (like 50W for .45 builds or .15 premade TFV8 octa coils). So also the '1st' cell in the mod might not be getting the brunt effect either since using a low wattage, but I still have to trust the DNA to usb charge if I end up using a bit more wattage or at least rotate the cells every couple days if I end up using high wattage but I don't think I'm about high watt vaping anyway. take care. thank you.

edit ^ noticed vapign bad debunks the "1st cell brunt theory" but I have read it several times from others being something to consider. I really don't know but I'll trust the DNA's USB and maybe simple rotate cells if I end up using higher wattage.