therion 166 check battery error

Aalmosawi

i have a friends therion 166 thats giving the check battery issue.

i cleaned up all the settings and made sure its set to 2 cells.

yet. still. same issue.

oddly enough, i can get it to vape and work on the batteries IF i set it to "Power supply" under the mod tab. it'll literally work off the batteries but it'll show a an empty battery.

what gives?

((update: i loaded up device monitor and noticed that cell1 reports 1.x volts while cell2 reports 5.12v

obviously theres something screwy here. cause on my paranormal both cells read about equal values))

is this a board issue or can it be solved via software?

furthermore, why is it if i set to power supply you can use the device with the batteries?

now. which one is cell one and which is cell2? the inner one is 1? or outer?

Edited by Aalmosawi

Nearly the same problem.  Just received a Paranormal 166.  After 30 minutes of playing around with it I was greated with the Check Battery.  Made sure the battery was set properly and even used the configs from the post below to make sure it was factory settings. No Luck.  Cell1 reports 0.0V.  Opened a ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, Bezil said:

Nearly the same problem.  Just received a Paranormal 166.  After 30 minutes of playing around with it I was greated with the Check Battery.  Made sure the battery was set properly and even used the configs from the post below to make sure it was factory settings. No Luck.  Cell1 reports 0.0V.  Opened a ticket.

I have the same problem with my paranormal 166 just got it and it told me Check battery this sucks. have you solved this problem yet ?