Question about my device monitor

hdv111

I've used DNA's for quite some time now. A few days ago one of them started doing weird about percentages of charge. I hooked it up to my computer to recharge it, but I'm still in doubt about the cells being imbalanced. Should I be worried? Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

(This is while recovery charging by the way)

Problem.png

1 uur geleden zei Wayneo:

Over on the left, Cell 1 is .04v lower. That's pretty cool with only 2 non-TC puffs, I've got one mod with I think only 1 non-TC.

Thank you very much. Is this something that can be fixed? And how should it be prevented? It's done charging now. Cell one is 0.08v lower now than 2&3.

If you vape your mod down, during charging, it might bring all 3 back to the same voltage over time.

Leaving those same checkboxes ticked, you can vape it and see if Cell 1 sags more than #2 and 3. Having 'pack' ticked you can undo for less clutter.

Do you remember what the lowest cell voltage was when you started?

• Like 1

4 minuten geleden zei Wayneo:

If you vape your mod down, during charging, it might bring all 3 back to the same voltage over time.

Leaving those same checkboxes ticked, you can vape it and see if Cell 1 sags more than #2 and 3. Having 'pack' ticked you can undo for less clutter.

Do you remember what the lowest cell voltage was when you started?

The lowest was yesterday I think. Sadly I don't remember exactly. It was 0.2 down compared to the others, it never dropped extreme anyway. Let's say it was 3.8 compared to 4 & 4 when I noticed. The weird thing is:

I use a wallcharger with 4 USB ports. In 3 of those 4 ports I charge my DNA's. When I checked the other two (aside from this one) they were also unbalanced. But a quick recovery charge fixed the other ones within an hour. Only this one I really have trouble with after 12 hours of charging it's still 0.08 down on the others.

Zojuist zei Wayneo:

Sometimes you have to do a recovery charge multiple times to get them all back. Vape it down, then recovery charge if you wish? Is it a Lipo battery? I could go way out on a limb but then you'd think I was whacked.

It's a LiPo (Lavabox DNA 200). I kinda got spooked checking them all and finding those voltages. The weird part is that they were all unbalanced. What kind of unbalancing is "normal"?

Nice, see right now you don't think I'm whacked.

Escribe - general tab - get information. When was that board programmed?

And can you do a printscreen .......... while firing.

Normally, I only see like a +/- .01 on a new fresh Lipo, if it all, during firing.

Edited by Wayneo
  • Like 2

I don't work in the industry, so now I'll go out on a limb. I thought it was interesting to see a 200 with such so low puffs. It smelled like a Lipo, from your post. You verified a 14 month from board programming. Here comes the jump. Volcano had a big sale and either had a crap load of boards and batteries sitting there or already assembled for a long time. Nothing you can do to prevent the imbalance. It could just be an old battery.

• Like 1

1 minuut geleden zei Wayneo:

I don't work in the industry, so now I'll go out on a limb. I thought it was interesting to see a 200 with such so low puffs. It smelled like a Lipo, from your post. You verified a 14 month from board programming. Here comes the jump. Volcano had a big sale and either had a crap load of boards and batteries sitting there or already assembled for a long time. Nothing you can do to prevent the imbalance. It could just be an old battery.

Yeah I bought the LavaBox because of looks. I'm very careful with it. It never leaves my vaperoom and it barely gets used (hence the low puff count). You still think I can atleast fix it by recovery charging? Just vape it empty everyday and recovery charge through the night? Or leave it on charger for a week. I bought it early july this year. So yes it's has been sitting for a long time, when I got it the cells were quite healthy looking though.

This screenshot is from my daily vape, as you see it's alot better.

Dayly.png

5 minuten geleden zei Wayneo:

Charge and discharge before rushing out for an expansion pack. Can you source the housing and battery seperately. 

Thank you anyway! I know alot more now. I have 2 DNA's on their way as we speak (business relationships) so I don't mind spending a buck on them, as I usually get them free anyway.

Thank you very much for clarifying alot of things. As of now I do not have any other questions left. I will post in here when I fixed it. :)

• Like 1

No idea on the boards. I read a pretty ridiculously high value once on button actuations. That ~90K puffs was my 1st. (a 200), and with a rumoured crappy 510 and substandard wiring still looks and operates perfectly. I had standardized on 1 tank and ended up with 3 of the same. They still work, but sit dusty as I could no longer find SS coils. I never was a dripper, but use 2 just for flavour testing as I've DIY'ed my own e-liquid since week 3. My favorite atty's are a Kayfun 5 and the Ammit 25, so I wrap my own SS

• Like 1