Therion dna75c Screen Replacement Issues

Josh0matik

So I had juice behind the screen or something that looked like liquid interfering with the screen. So I disassembled the mod to clean/wipe up juice issue. While taking it apart the positive lead coming from the board was poorly solder in place and popped off. So as I attempted to repair this issue I was trying to adjust the board to solder and the screen cable got hung on the case ripping it in half at the connection. I ordered a new screen and installed and now all I get is a white screen. I did notice while pressing the buttons it went black once. So I pressed the same button again and couldn't duplicate it so I pressed lightly on the screen and it all went black and back to white as I lifted up.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   

Is the zif socket on the board damaged in any way? Maybe from when the original screen was ripped out? Look for bent or missing pins or a broken / poorly closing latch. Also make sure the screen ribbon is fully inserted into the connector before closing the latch. Maybe try reflashing the firmware as well, couldn’t hurt. 

• Like 2

Thank you Thank you thank you! Got to looking at my connection. I realized that I could install the screen then put it in the screen holder. Once  I realized this I was able to push the cable in a lot further than before. To anyone reading this with the same problem the ribbon is installed black side facing away/up from the board. The ribbon is inserted till there is only about 1/16 of the black part still showing. Be very careful and make sure it is straight. I wasn't inserting the ribbon into the zif socket far enough. So happy to be back to my dna I had to switch to mech mod while it was down I was miserable. 🤣😂🤣😁IMG_20171017_214629.thumb.jpg.a28ffae59cdb04c6a778455416fb8cc7.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tim and sham. 

I'm at work right now so this will be brief. 

Sham take the wood panels off screws underneath. Probably already figured that out by now. 

Tim I bought it from evolv. Be carefully while messing with the board it is really to break soldered positive and negative wires to battery. 

The screen can be a really pain in the butt to get plugged in.  Be very careful with ribbon plug on board it will break super easy. Deep breaths give yourself plenty of time to work with it. Don't force anything if you are going to sneeze don't hold the board it will break. 

Now that being said pay attention to where your wires are tucked into on body they only fit 1 way.