Power porfile - Watt and TC protection issue

winky

Good Day to All,

I apologize for my not native English!

I just got my first 75C :love: and I am testing it.

I installed it on a custom made  3D-ABS BF box - The cables I used are silicon insulated on positives and silver for negatives/gnd -  gauges are as per Evolv specifications - I inizialized the device with Escribe 2.0 SP 7.

Profile : Watt - TC DISABLED (Off everywhere is possible lol)

Electrical connections are solid and installation is done quite well (Even if is my first 75, I have installed many mods with Evolv devices from DNA20 upto DNA250 so I am sure about this specific hardware installation)

I am testing two different sets:

1) My Origen Little - Standard Ka1 0,25mm (30ga) x1 - 4 onto 3 coil wraps -  something like 1.3 Ohms - it is working perfectly from 13W upto 20/25W

2) My MB Chalice-IV - Twisted KA1 0.32mm (28ga) x3 - 5 onto 4 coil wraps - something like  0.21 Ohms - it does'nt like to work! Every time I press Fire - from 13W upto 40/50W - the device starts screaming "Temp Protect" (Of course at 13W it gives you 1/2- 1 sec time to fire while at 40W is not firing even for a millisecond)

How that is possible? In Watt profile, temp sensing should and is disabled - I rised up all temperature values (they should not be read if TC is off but - just in case!)

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but what ? I never used Escribe 2.0 - and very few time the older 1.2 sp5,2 on my DNA200/250 devices and never found such a case. (I love my simplier DNA20 and DNA30 for that! LOL)

Thank so much for any reply, it would be of much help!

Ciao

Andrea

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

If you use my theme it will tell you what it is doing with regard to temp limiting, you can also easily turn it off on the mod, back up your current theme first so you can revert afterwards  The best way to turn it off is to change the material type to watts or other non temp sensing material, then there is no way to turn it on again without changing material first.

Thank you so much VB for your kind and resolutive reply!

I gave your nice theme a try and ...after 2 or 3 shots (and some liquid explosions LOL) well my chaliche IV is now vaping!

What I can't understand is: I was using Watt profile mode and also i made an extra profile called KANTAL with no TC/limits  and I have disabled via escribe all T Limits references, then uploaded. So it should be disabled!

But once installed your theme I could realize that TC was still ON. Disabling it from your theme solved the issue!.

THANK YOU so much mate.! A virtual beer to you and cheers.

Ciao

Andrea

• Like 1