Hey guys first post here been holding off for a week as i learn more about the DNA 250 chip  first one  coming from the smoks / rx's and got sick of the issues with that  (lost vape triade 250 is the mod i now have)

so of course i had the normal issues with SS316L temp control etc etc booting me out of temp control not letting me back in it with out going into escribe was scared i had a defective mod  im using a gaia rtda with staggared fused claptons (28g /32gx2 )/32g from advanced vape supply  so i was talking with one of the guys over there he told me to use to atomizer analyzer and see if it was stable. well no numbers matched etc so i gave up and just used wattage mode then today it was working kicked me out of temp i then locked the ohms and boom worked again . 

so in searrching here and youtube and everywhere i could i kept reading about mod resistance mine came set to 0.004 and the Thermal section  stuff all set (havnt touched that)  so i decided id play with that today change the 4 by 1 point and checking the atomizer analyzer  so on so forth well at 0.001 it was close so i set it to zero . and every number matches up (pretty solid some fluctuation but they all read the same) . everything but the  temp ohm . so the raw ohm read 0.161 the kanthal read 0.161 and the temp reads 0.160

so my question is 1 should i leave it like this ? as the 0.004 setting i was about .5 off and nothing matched..   i know your suppose to short the atomizer etc i just dont have anything to do it with i dont think .. but end result the number all match ? mine .0001 on the temp 

as i said i know this has been talked about but in this case setting to 0 seems to be better for me i just wana double check with people that know way more than i do Thanks

Dropping out of temp protection is most likley a connection issue, locking the resistance at the wrong value, too low power level or a coil issue like hot spots or shorting between loops when it heats.  The board initially fires with no preheat and checks that the resistance changes by enough in the first 2 seconds (equivalent of 185 F change IIRC) and if it doesn't it treats it as non temp sensing wire.  I doubt mod res set at 0.004 would cause it to drop out of temp protection, it is a realistic figure most of my mods are close to that.

thanks for your reply vapingbad  

im puzzled myself as ive tried  all 10 coils of premade and still had the issue im not new to building (am new to pre built coils ie ones listed above)  fire center out havnt seen any hot spots. just re wicked actually cleaned em etc etc  still working perfectly in temp control and the only thing i changed was the mod resistance to 0 ..  havnt gotten knocked out once sense my post last night . and normally if im lucky ill go maybe 2 hours with pretty weak vape at 400 degrees it only would hit at like say 10 - 15 watts and kick me out. now with the mod resistance set to zero im hitting at 410 currently last wattage was  48 watts  after 4 hits starts out at around 65 and of course as the coils get hotter wattage drops / wicks start drying up .  

but as of right now seems like im finally experiencing a dna 250 vs the first week was a constant battle.  the device monitor reflects the right temp / wattage  so on so fourth that the mod shows , 

i guess as long as its working my question is . is setting that to 0 a bad thing ? if its working for me is it okay to leave it ?

same build as listed above .  ohms out at  .16 that hasnt moved  (not locked on device) did go to .17 at work but still worked fine then after i let it sit went back to .16 and hasnt moved

Edited by Mentalvapes

With mod res lower is always safer, safer is the wrong word it's not unsafe, it just dials in more accuracy for high power and low res and doesn't affect the safety features and go to high and you could start triggering the safety features.  It could be an internal connection issue even things like a dirty battery connection, I would clean, tighten and then try a simple coil..

i will double check all that when i get home from work today thanks for the reply's again i really appreciate it  like i said i was worried i had a messed up mod.  as the last 3 mods ive gotten all came with some sort of issue  smok gpriv / rx200 x2   all 3 had defects  biggest reason i went to this mod figured it was time to get something that wasnt just "okay" 

• 4 weeks later...

I use Tc exclusively and have DNA 75, 75C, and 250 mods. I always leave the resistance where they've been from the factory as I find ambient temperature plays a larger role than a few hundredths of internal resistance will. With that said, I record the resistance of a fresh build at room temperature and read it every morning to see what the mod is reading at the ambient temperature, in spite of the day to day temperature swings I usually find myself setting it back to the initial baseline setting.  I have had fairly extensive experience with different builds and settings and I will say that I do lock my resistance always and rely on custom material profiles for the best results. One peculiar thing I noticed, something   oftentimes overlooked, is the resistance changes from different ejuices. The resistance change is often enough to affect TC significantly for me. What kind of build/atomizer are you running?