DNA75 Draining My Battery Overnight

Densetsu

Hoping someone can help - last night my Therion BF inexplicablely drained my 18650 battery down to 2V.  It was fully charged already before I stopped using it for the night.  It seems there might be a parasitic drain when it goes into sleep mode which it never did before.  Can anyone shed some light on what may have caused this?  Is there a fix for this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

After days of research and testing I have discovered my issue was related to the mod material.  The mod in question has a 3d printed carbon fiber infused body. Evidently the carbon fiber turns Nylon into a semi-conductor. Not a lot of draw but still enough to drop 1% of a 20700 per hour.  A secondary isolator between the contact and body alieviated the issue.  

On 6/22/2017 at 6:25 AM, Chowderhead72 said:

After days of research and testing I have discovered my issue was related to the mod material.  The mod in question has a 3d printed carbon fiber infused body. Evidently the carbon fiber turns Nylon into a semi-conductor. Not a lot of draw but still enough to drop 1% of a 20700 per hour.  A secondary isolator between the contact and body alieviated the issue.  

Mine has a missing screw at the bottom, the 2 screws on top is still present. Could the missing screw cause issues or its just fine?

On 6/21/2017 at 10:48 PM, martyotaku said:

Ya having the same issue ...newest escribe and updated software ...doesn't drain completely but definitely draining for no reason? 

Have you fixed the problem already sir? Mine drains even when not in use its pretty warm when in standby too

• 3 weeks later...

One more reason to buy American.  You simply cannot argue with geography in such matters.  

Even with a six month warranty you still have to pay to get it there and pay to get it back in most cases which when dealing with China or Europe you're looking at $25-$50 each way if you want any sort of tracking and or insurance.  In the US that number drops to $14.40 round trip worst case scenario.

Edited by Chowderhead72

• 2 weeks later...

Box works but it drains batteries even in sleep. 8am to 12.30pm, from 99% to 0. Not being used. 

Here the situation.

Do u think I am going to fix it changing only the resistor like or will i need toc change also the capacitor?

Can not find any information about those components :(

P_20170717_123921.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 3:14 PM, Andrea76 said:

Box works but it drains batteries even in sleep. 8am to 12.30pm, from 99% to 0. Not being used. 

Here the situation.

Do u think I am going to fix it changing only the resistor like or will i need toc change also the capacitor?

Can not find any information about those components :(

P_20170717_123921.jpg

Mine is also burnt, have you already fixed the issue by replacing it?

• 6 months later...