Mod assmbled but screen not working

I fully assembled my DNA, plugged it in to the computer, ran the update, BUT, the screen is not lighting up. Also, when i run Device Monitor, cell 1 reads 0V, cell 2 reads 3.8V, and cell 4 reads 5.4V. I have checked it with a multimeter and am getting 3.5V across all 3 cells. My fuse does appear to be fully in tact. One last issue, in Device monitor, it shows the device charging at .05W which i know is not right. I'm kind of at loss as to what to do or what may be the issue. TIA for any help.

It is really hard to say if the resistors are correct based on the picture. If you measure across each of the three capacitors to the left of the resistors in that picture, do you get your expected 3.5v cell voltages?

Or a sharper picture would help a lot.

The screen should come on either way, though, unless there is some sort of cascade failure going on. To make it through test the cell balancer had to be reading right at some point. The ones with the resistor knocked off on the edge I understand, but three existing but white resistors... A sharper picture and an overview pic of the board would probably help diagnose.

Yeah something very untoward definitely happened to those resistors. Is there any chance you had the tap connector backwards at any point? We will fix or replace it at no charge either way, just trying to work out the cause. Everything except the highest cell resistor looks burned, and correct main voltage/ reversed tap connector is the only way I could see that happening.

Looking at it more closely, the capacitor on the edge is crushed too and the copper is exposed. The board unquestionably got crushed by something at some point after functional test. Did it ever read a battery correctly?

i plugged it in without the screen or battery before assembly just to make sure that it was recognized by the computer. After that, i assembled it completely. So idk about it recognizing the battery before the rest of the assembly. It went together smoothly so i cant imagine anything was "crushed".

Well, it definitely took physical damage. Whether that happened here (by a robot, most likely) after programming and test, or while being cut apart, or in packaging, or shipping, or device assembly I couldn't say. But PM me your address and I'll get another out to you. 

Are you 100% certain that it is all the way connected? It is easy enough to pull the flex cable partway out of the housing as you install things. I've done it myself any number of times. 

If you have a large screen DNA 40 around, you could try swapping the screens to see if the screen or cable took damage. I've also broken any number of screens and cables over the years. 

We'll add a debug setting to the next escribe to have it able to display if the screen is disconnected or having communication issues.