Is it advisable to check the screen ribbon cable in hana V200 for potential pinching?

ndb

Hi all,
just received my hana v200 and used it for just an hour or so.
Everything OK so far, but I've started reading about screen problems that seem to be caused by poor positioning of the screen ribbon cable.
As I understand from some pictures I've seen here #3, it seems like the ribbon cable can get pinched somehow by the fire button.
Now I'm wondering: is it advisable to open it up and check if that's the case (if it is even possible to detect it when opening the mod, or it just happens when it is fully closed, ala fridge light so to say)?
Is there a way to "sense" this by playing with the fire button and how it feeds back to pressure?

I'm in europe and only thinking about sending it back or getting a replacement causes me shivers :eek:, so I would like to be proactive about that...

Thanks,
Andrea

You can't check it without removing the chip.  So my advice is to ask the retailer for instructions on what you should do.  I don't think Evolv can answer the question and the only other replies will be from just other interested parties.  Send Hana Modz an email and see what they say.  

Personally (though think I could build one in my sleep at this point) I would just get a spare screen for little currency and know that if it goes you are covered.  I just ordered a handful of them as I tend to be rough on them anyway (test fitting odd configurations).

I actually just checked mine due to the odd feedback I was getting from the fire switch and the ribbon cable was indeed pinched between the actuator and the button. I disconnected the battery completely and unscrewed the board from the body. Carefully lifting the board toward the 510 i used a toothpick to carefully bend the ribbon cable to the bottom while lowering the board back into place. Before screwing it back down I checked the feedback on the fire button again to see if it changed. If not I tried again till I got it. Just make sure to be careful so not to snap the ribbon cable.

redwolfe90 said:

I actually just checked mine due to the odd feedback I was getting from the fire switch and the ribbon cable was indeed pinched between the actuator and the button. I disconnected the battery completely and unscrewed the board from the body. Carefully lifting the board toward the 510 i used a toothpick to carefully bend the ribbon cable to the bottom while lowering the board back into place. Before screwing it back down I checked the feedback on the fire button again to see if it changed. If not I tried again till I got it. Just make sure to be careful so not to snap the ribbon cable.

Well, I can't decide if the fire button feedback is really bad or not.
Damn! I keep clicking the +/- and then the fire button and most of the time it honestly seems to be on par with them, I don't know anymore if I'm fooling myself or not.
I don't know how much different the feedback would be in case of pinching, so I can't be sure, I can just say it doesn't seem really that different to me right now.
A normal person (which I'm not) would just bite the bullet and open the mod to be sure, but I'm a bit intimidated by all this lipo horror stories and would like to know what's the best disassembling sequence to follow, like in "after removing the screws, what do I do next?"

Thanks,
Andrea

ndb said:

"after removing the screws, what do I do next?"

Once you unplug the battery, it is not hot.  three screws come out and the chip lifts up to the extent that there is play in the 510 wire.  You should be able to rotate it slightly to see how the screen ribbon lays.  If there is signs of a pinch, use a toothpick or something similar to move it away from the button while you reposition the chip.