Couple of Questions - Out of Space - Temperature Coefficient - Temperature Accuracy

techbearus

I have been using my custom made DNA200 for nearly a week and have a few questions.

1. Out of Space: Using the 8 profiles provided in EScribe, if I upload Custom Coil materials CSV for more than 2 profiles, and then click "Upload Settings to Device", Escribe gives an error message: "Failed to Upload Setttings: Out of Space". Is there some limitations on how many CSV files can be uploaded. I am using the TCR Curve data from Steam engine and after loading the CSV file, they show up in Escribe in the plot, but when uploading to device the error pops up.
  2. Temperature Coefficient: If instead of using CSV, I would like to use the TCR approximation values in Escribe, the allowed values are in the range of 0.002 to 0.010. From my understanding Ni200 is the closest to accurate coil that we can use which has a TCR of 0.006, and not sure if there are any coil material that has higher than 0.006. (For Ti it is 0.0035 and SS is 0.00094). I am not sure if the range of 0.006 to 0.010 is usable, on the other hand below 0.002 why does it still takes the TCR curve from Steam engine for SS316L and accepts it but wouldn't use the TCR coefficient value of 0.00094 as input. Just a bit confused?
  3. Temperature Accuracy: The main thing that is bugging me is that I have to use my mod at 520F/540F to get a decent vape. From my early days with DNA40, my standard approach is to build a new coil, check room temperature resistance and do a dry cotton wick burn at 430F/450F and make sure that it only slightly chars which indicates that I have a good temperature accuracy. However with my mod, cotton doesn't char until 540F, but the resistance matches with other mods and I don't see any issue why it is off by 100F or so. If somebody could give me pointers on how I can test or correct this, I would be very obliged.

1) Are you using the TCR calculator (defaults to generating 7 point curves) or the Wire Wizard (defaults to generating 8 point curves)? AFAIU, the DNA200 can support 8x8 temperature points, in other words you should be able to use all 8 profiles with 8 temperature points in each profile. Are you running the newest software and firmware? See this thread for the newest versions.
2) I believe that may be a limitation in EScribe that should and probably will be fixed at some point. But I'm not sure if that you can get a decent temperature reading with a TCR that low anyway.
3) Sounds like your temperature curve or TCR value may be off. Or maybe your mod has some significant resistance. Have you measured it and entered it into EScribe? See this thread.