Firmware request?

UKDTweak

Hi

I have been through some issues with bad 510 pins on certain tanks that can cause the ohms to jump and thus throw out temp control, now we can lock the ohms and thats fine...
And in Escribe we can force the ohms if we know they should be lower... but it would be handy if there was the ability to do this via the chip without a computer and Escribe, not sure if it is possible, but i think it would be handy as ive found i can build a coil in a tank, all seams well, i go out for the day and take out my mod to have a vap and get a bad hit and notice the ohms have gone up and nothing i can do as im away from my pc, so i have to lower the temp limit, but then the next time i take out the mod to vap it may have changed again.. so being able to dial in the ohms would be a neat feature?

I know some will say get a better tank, but I love my Lemo 2 and it worked fine on my DNA40 mods, just did not play well with the DNA200, i have since reversed the 510 pin after another member suggested it and the tank seams stable now... but on the off chance its not... being able to dial in the ohms via the chip would be very cool.

You can lock resistance on the mod itself:

Resistance lock: The DNA 200 relies on the cold resistance of the atomizer to measure temperature accurately. If the connection is not stable or if you find the measured resistance drifts with time, it may be desirable to lock the atomizer resistance. To do so, while locked hold both the Fire and Up buttons for two seconds to enter Resistance Lock mode. In this mode, the DNA 200 will use the present atomizer cold resistance without refinement until the atomizer is disconnected or the resistance lock is disabled. A lock symbol will replace the ohm symbol on the display. To disable resistance lock, repeat the procedure to lock it.

http://evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf

Sorry alistairs, you did not read my post  properly, I pointed out that I know about the ohms lock... the issue is if the board decides while im out and about, to set the wrong ohms because I Don't have ohms lock on, there is nothing I can do but wait for it to sort itself out or I can get home to my PC... so it would be handy be able to manually dial in the ohms myself via the chip.

anyway I can see its not a popular idea so fair enough, ill just have to get used to setting ohms lock on and hope the chip does not auto fire again, as every time it does that I have to pull the batteries and without ohms lock on it registers the wrong ohms. Hopefully I can find out whats causing the auto fire and cure it.

UKDTweak said:

Sorry alistairs, you did not read my post  properly, I pointed out that I know about the ohms lock... the issue is if the board decides while im out and about, to set the wrong ohms because I Don't have ohms lock on, there is nothing I can do but wait for it to sort itself out or I can get home to my PC... so it would be handy be able to manually dial in the ohms myself via the chip.

anyway I can see its not a popular idea so fair enough, ill just have to get used to setting ohms lock on and hope the chip does not auto fire again, as every time it does that I have to pull the batteries and without ohms lock on it registers the wrong ohms. Hopefully I can find out whats causing the auto fire and cure it.

Definitely figure out the autofire issue before going further (is something squeezing the fire button internally in your mod?).

As a work around for the resistance issue, you can set up a profile for each atty with ohms locked and the actual cold resistance entered in the resistance box (I tried it and it worked).  You can select the profile for each atty without escribe connected.

Keep a not-ohm-locked profile for each wire type you use so you can use it with refinement, but you can also switch to an ohm locked profile for each atty if you want to "hot swap" attys.

Cheers Mad_Scientist, I have done that already, got a profile for my Lemo 2 with the ohms locked and for my TFv4 and Subtank mini tanks, plus one each for Ti wire, NI wire and Kanthal.

The auto fire does not appear to be anything to do with the buttons, I am using the onboard buttons and when it auto fires, the screen comes on, but its not showing any change and pressing the buttons has not affect on it firing, its as though the power from the batteries is being dumped into the atty bypassing the chip as temp protection does not kick in nore is there a 10 second puff limit kicking in... it just fires full power regardless until I pull the batteries... not sure how or why.
the first time it happened, the mod was laying on its side, not in use.. the second time I accidentally knocked the mod onto its side and it fired, the last time it did it, the mod was Locked and in a holster on my belt, I just reached down, grabbed the atty and pulled the mod out of the holster and off it went?