Jump to content

DNA 200 USB Chip heats up Issue.


Jesterace
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just put together a DNA 200 mod, The mod seemed to function properly, buttons work, fires attys, vapes fine. However as soon as I tried to plug it into my PC this component heats up. It actually started to melt the Display tray I had installed into the mod.

If I plug into a USB power adaptor, the board does not charge either. Just strikes me as odd that as soon as it connects to the computer that it does this. I've circled the component that heats up dangerously. The fuse seems fine, I don't see any broken resistors or anything of the sort. Is this a bad board?

DNA200ISSUE.png 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It boggles me, even without the battery installed on the board, plugging in to the USB that component overheats, Loaded up Escribe then plugged it in and that's what it did. PC didn't even recognize that there was a device installed and my usb ports are fine with all my other components. Not sure how to go about getting a RMA started or if it's eligible for one or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesterace said:

It boggles me, even without the battery installed on the board, plugging in to the USB that component overheats, Loaded up Escribe then plugged it in and that's what it did. PC didn't even recognize that there was a device installed and my usb ports are fine with all my other components. Not sure how to go about getting a RMA started or if it's eligible for one or not.



Go ahead and get a ticket submitted here via the Help Desk and we will get the RMA process started! :thumb:

http://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...