Dead Unit

addappt

Sometimes it will recognise and sometimes it won't. It started out with a screen glitch that would cause a soft reset and then with time it came up with the warranty error. The error went away after resuming from standby but after a few hits it died completely.

addappt said:

Sometimes it will recognise and sometimes it won't. It started out with a screen glitch that would cause a soft reset and then with time it came up with the warranty error. The error went away after resuming from standby but after a few hits it died completely.

Bap is correct, your best bet will be to contact the mod manufacturer for service. Warranty Service is triggered by certain components on the board being out of spec, electrically. The board can continue to function in this state but will fail completely eventually.  

Nick said:

[QUOTE=addappt]Sometimes it will recognise and sometimes it won't. It started out with a screen glitch that would cause a soft reset and then with time it came up with the warranty error. The error went away after resuming from standby but after a few hits it died completely.

Bap is correct, your best bet will be to contact the mod manufacturer for service. Warranty Service is triggered by certain components on the board being out of spec, electrically. The board can continue to function in this state but will fail completely eventually.  [/QUOTE] Cigreen response... hi bro Yeah. Maybe battery died. Evolv chip has a bug which cause battery power down speed fast. You need to update it with newest firmware in their website. But if the battery is dead it will be useless. Pls kindly send it to your distributor and we will change new battery and new firmware withit. Thanks for your support all the time. Best regards Jason Liu

The screen ribbon cable is pinched by the fire button.
I know this for a "fact".
When the cable gets pinched it will "definitely" cause the warranty service message
to be displayed. And show a half glitched screen just like your picture.
How do I know this for a fact ?
Because it happened to ME.
Evolv says it out of calibration and needed to be sent in for service.
If it was out of calibration I don't think it could fix it's self by just changing the screen
and upgrading the firmware. Not trying to contradict evolv just stating facts.
But before I sent it in I replaced the screen and used 8/21 firmware and
BINGO works great NO problems any more.
That was "months" ago.

IMG_1457.jpg