Cell soft cutoff

bingbling

So, I know Cell Soft cutoff makes the battery cells never drop below set value. But does this mean the battery should hit this value before signaling weak battery?

I got the weak battery signal earlier today at work and plugged it in to my computer and fired up escribe, and I am not 100% certain of the exact values, but when it had charged for just a few minutes the cells showed aproximately 3,4-3,5V at rest and dipping just a tad under load. My Cell soft cutoff is set to default 3.09V. Is something off here or is it normal? The setup at that moment was dual Titanium coils 0.19Ohm @ 40W.

The reason I am asking is because I feel the battery life seems low (HCigar 1300mAh), my batterymeter is currently set to 1100mAh and its still far from accurate, showing weak battery when I have quite a bit (10-20%) left according to the meter. My theory was if my device somehow cuts off way above 3.09V, at like 3.4V

I havent ran the battery analyzer yet but I will any day now, would the outcome of that also affect/calibrate the Cell soft cutoff?

That sounds fine, the cut-off is under load voltage and LiPo have very little charge left under 3.5 V so would charge up to that in very little time.  You can always put the cell voltages on the custom display fields or hook it up to device monitor turning the USB current down to 0 and watch exactly what happens.

VapingBad said:

That sounds fine, the cut-off is under load voltage and LiPo have very little charge left under 3.5 V so would charge up to that in very little time.  You can always put the cell voltages on the custom display fields or hook it up to device monitor turning the USB current down to 0 and watch exactly what happens.

I see, thanks for a quick reply! I am going to vape the battery empty and plug it in and check the levels with the monitor to find out the exact "empty" values.